NB Milk Feeding

sugarcookie

My bb is 6 weeks old and I'm feeding her about every 3 hours. She takes about 90ml to 130ml each time.

How old is your bb?

sugarcookie

I used to feed bb "on demand" but I realised she would just consume a bit each time.

So you put your bb on a schedule as well?

Beanie

Yeah i try to feed him every 3hr+- . If not he will only drink abit. By the way, is it ok for NB not to shit everyday who is on FM? Yesterdae he neber shit at all. So worried if he's having constipation.

sugarcookie

No worries. My bb poops about 1-2 times a day on average but there are days when she doesn't poop at all too.

But if your bb doesn't poop for a few days, you may like to consider changing to another brand of FM. Or you can try giving him a bit of water (I haven't tried this myself though).

Beanie

Till now he still not yet shit.... if tomolo still the same maybe i shld bring him to see doc?

I feeding him Friso 1 now...any other good brands to recommend?

sugarcookie

Maybe you wait a few more days before bringing bb to see the doc? Cos I heard that some babies poop only every 2-3 days so it may be too early to see a doc yet.

I'm giving bb NAN HA1. So far, so good. But I guess different babies react differently to different FM brands. You may have to switch around until you find one which is ok for your bb.

Beanie

But i still have 1 more tin of Friso 1. If really want to change to other brand also got to wait for me to finish feeding him the tin i have at hm 1st. Or else will be a waste right.....

Actually he did poo a little bit this afternoon, then got abit more seems to be stuck at the backside cannot cum out, got difficulty pushing it i tink. Tried to feed him abit of plain water this afternoon see if it will help anot loh.

sugarcookie

Maybe you can try requesting for samples from different FM manufacturers. You can go to their websites to check it out. Some offer samples.