Need a good pair of shoes for new learner?

Feliz

Edlycia is walking nowadays but i have not got her any walking shoes as i'm unsure if to just get normal ones or get those really good tht protect her little feet while walking.. I knw of a brand called pediped, but kinda ex lor..

Mummies, advices please.. :001_302:

meiteoh

I bought a few cheap ones plus Pediped ones as part of a spree so ended up paying around SGD20-30 per pair of the Pedipeds (including shipping).

I found that with the cheap sandals, Eva's right toes would stick out and rub against the floor each time she walked - a sign that the shoe is ill-fitting. Also, I would have problems putting on the cheaper shoes because the top is too small and I have to squeezer her foot in (but if I get one size bigger, the area around the heel would slip out). Fitting- and quality-wise, basically, I got what I paid for.

Even though Eva's on the small side, the Pediped shoes fit her well. The sole is sturdy yet flexible and comfy. The others I bought are flexible but thinner than the Pediped and don't seem to have much cushion feel to it. Even my hubby who is a shoe snob agreed that it was a good investment. I'm one of those mummies who prefer to spend money on one good quality pair of shoes than a few cheap ones. I don't buy any of the "cheap" ones I bought these days because the price I pay for the Pediped and cheap ones are nearly the same!

diymummy

I would usually bring my son to the shop to try on the shoes for himself to make sure that it is a good fit. You can try Isetan or Mothercare. My son's first pair of shoes were from Mothercare. There're other brands in Isetan like Combi and Clarks.

lekdao

You can try out the brand call hello kitty, cost abt $26.90. OG, Istena and/or normal shop that selling baby products shd hv it. I bought it from Parkway's Istena, holland V shopping and Joo Chiat Complex.

pkshl

for beginning walkers you should get her soft-soled shoes like this:

Photo from www.peanutstore.blogspot.com

They are not stiff and allow children to feel their grasp on the ground when they learn to walk.
hi, are these type of soft sole shoes too soft for beginning walkers? my son juz started walking 1mth ago & my mum kept nagging me to get those type of hard sole shoes.

meiteoh

Soft sole doesn't mean cloth per se. It just means that the sole must be flexible and can bend well (like folding paper into half). If you intend to let your baby walk outdoors, you need to make sure that it's non-slip and protect against gravel, etc.

Hard sole is only appropriate for young children above 3-4 yo, I think.

Mummy to Baby V

When my boy was walking with support, he wore soft-soled shoes bought from Mothercare. The brand is Shoo-Shoos. Quite fine for that short while.

When he started walking without support, we bought Clarks shoes. I like that the sizing comes in length AND width, especially good when my boy has wide feet. These shoes give him a very good fit. Clarks has different range for pre-walkers to walkers, differing in the flexibility of the sole. Quality is also very lasting, the 2nd pair he just outgrew has been worn from 15/16-20 months old.

Feliz

Hello mummies.. thanks for e reply.. edlycia is walking without support already, i hav afew pairs soft sole shoes but i don think its safe for her even ther is anti slip and also not good for her feet development right?

I rmber one brand, "colette" they hav also hard heal but not like those we wear.. more suitable for babies.. Will consider pediped if i join the oversea spree.. heheheh...