Need Advice: Clomid or IUI?

lateehs84

Hi Ladies..

I have been trying to concieve since March 2012.. not as long i know but i am getting anxious. So after a friend pestered me & I went to see Dr Umesh Doshi (Haig Road) starting Sept 2012.

He did pap smear & ultrasound (to see size of uterus & ovaries - that was ok) on my 1st visit.

Subsequently I found out I have 1 (out of 4) strain of HPV virus that could possibly cause Cervical cancer.. was given the options* to

1. do nothing & wait till next pap smear
  2. take the cervical cancer vaccine, or
  3. do colposcopy to determine which strain i have. (Colposcopy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I decided to wait till my next pap smear and in the meantime still visiting Dr Doshi to resolve my trying to concieve issues. I was given dates to get busy, told to [you]wait & see[/you] (a statement that I have come to hate now).

My timeline is as follows:
18 Sep '12 - Pap smear & Ultrasound
21 Sep '12 - LH test (ovulation - result inconclusive)
27 Sep '12 - Did blood test & got Pap smear result - not good, decide on next course of action(* above)
1 Oct '12 - Got period
5 Oct '12 - Got blood test result, no problems. Doc decides to put me on Clomid starting my next cycle if I dont't get pregger in the meantime.
27 Oct '12 - Got period
28 Oct '12 - Went to see Doc to start me on Clomid. He asked for hubby's semen be sent in for analysis.
3 Nov '12 - Dropped off sample for analysis at the lab
9 Nov '12 - Clomid has done it's magic; ovaries are on overdrive. Doc gives me Pregnyl (Pregnyl (Chorionic Gonadotropin) Drug Information: Description, User Reviews, Drug Side Effects, Interactions - Prescribing Information at RxList) to 'hatch' my eggs faster and asks if hubby is in town to do IUI or if we still want to try naturally.. and then to burst my cloud nine bubble, Doc tells me, hubby's result isn't so great, neither is it bad.. so he prescribes supplements for hubby to take in order to improve his quantity & quality..

So now my dilemma starts, if I do not get pregnant (cross fingers that I do) in this cycle, then should I go for IUI or give Clomid another shot? I also need to understand the cost factor involved in gong for IUI.

I really need someone to be my sounding board..

lateehs84

I'm nervous right now.. this month, my period is due on 24/11.. I really hope this month will be it.. I'm afraid I am losing patience.. I start each cycle disappointed, then try to stay positive as I come close to ovulation.. ML and hope for the best.. then the cycle starts again.. I'm even afraid to test at home.. afraid to each that it's negative..

Haiz..

Last edited:

lateehs84

I had brown slimy discharge this morning.. not sure what to make of it yet. My gynea is out of town, so i spoke to his staff who told me to wait till afternoon and in the meantime to test at home to see if there is any indication. im so scared..

Apr gal

First u bd to find out if yr HPV situation allows u to be preg now?

If there is no concern then y not try clomid first since u juz started not long ago unless u r running out of time. hormone pills nd time to be effective and of course u nd to not think too much on this else it's gonna affect yr 'feeling' n hormone.

Bear in mind tat IUI doesn't guarantee result within first try too.

It gonna be another story if u r really running out of time. Hope tat u hv good news soon!!!

lateehs84

Think I wanna change doc.. hubby is uncomfortable tat doc is doing the elimination method to figure my/our problems.. I need recommendations for obgyn in SGH. Anyone got suggestions?