Need advise on Cloth Diapering

Hang

Hi Mummies,

Anyone using Bumwear, Kidz Paradise cloth diapers? I am thinking of using cloth diapering. Need some advise from people who have used it before.

Or anyone just use traditional nappies? Is it really very troublesome? How many washes do you do a day? Machine wash or hand wash?

Really, reasons why I want to cloth diaper
1st: SAVE THE EARTH
2nd: SAVE $$.

But I really don't want to put myself through too much pain just laundering.

Still trying to decide.

Regards,

snowbear

Hi, i'm using Bumwear for my DD. It's not very troublesome generally though it may be a little more troublesome when the baby is younger coz young babies poo a lot (esp bf babies). Used to wash twice a day when she was younger coz had to change her very often but nowadays I just wash once a day. If I'm turning on the washing machine, i'd rinse out the bumwear, soak in dettol then put em in together with the rest of our clothes. If you have a washing machine with a smaller load, you can wash the cloth diapers via machine more often.

Queenbabe

Hi ,

I do use cloth diaper last time for my ger but only for daytime , it is really quite troublesome coz baby urine alot n plus poo poo n i think i use over 10pcs a day cant really rem , some i wash wif hand after change coz it dry easily . The rest for the late evening will wash by washing machine .

Depends on u lor , if u wan u can try using it :)

ochklk

Hi, my bb eight weeks now, from day 1 back from hospital, we also use cloth diaper with napkins liners (incase of BB bowels)in the day, mine bb use less then 10pcs as if he nap I dun wake him up to change unless he's awake. If he poo poo, you have to use hand wash, but we try to let him poo poo before bath and now he do it every morning or evening before washing up, so our diaper is almost for urine only, we just dump the rest in the washine machine at the end of the day, when we wash him up and let him wear pampers.

CDL

I used cloth nappies and nappy liners during the day when my baby was younger. I stopped using them however as I felt that the costs were not justified. Each nappy liner costs 10cents and when babies are young, they poo and pee very often. Even if you "recycle" the nappy liners that were peed on, the costs (and time) in washing, drying and folding the liners and nappies outweighs the costs of a diaper.

Also since diapers absorb urine much better and draw the moisture away from BB's bottom, you do not need to change a diaper as often as you do a nappy.

Putting aside the issue of costs, if you have assistance at home with the washing, drying and folding then by all means you should try the nappy. I found however that doing all this on my own, plus housework and cooking, left me too exhausted & I wasn't able to breastfeed for as long as I wanted. To me, that was a trade-off and I wouldn't do things the same way, if I could do them again.

Hope this helps

adoncia

i use cloth nappies and nappy liners during the day and before she slps, we will change it to pampers... we will ask our maid to wash everyday, cause my girl urines a lot as drinks a lot of water too... i think she uses around 15 nappies per day...

until recently, we stop her from cloth nappies, other than she is having naps... she can express herself when she wants to urine... she is 18 months as of 20th apr... =D

shandy83

hi, i was wondering is it possible to use the inserts on the traditional diapers to prevent leakage??

anyone tried that before?