need help: Am I pregnant?

Midu

Hi Ladies,

I have PCOS, but regular periods. Last month me and my hubby decided to have a baby and started trying naturally. Now my periods is 7 days late today , did a home test which was negative.
I have heard that PCOS can give false negatives and only blood tests will give accurate results.
Is it so? Has anybody has this kind of experience?

chrish

One of my friend is a PCOS sufferer too and got preggy but thru clomid. To be sure, just go to the doc to find out :) Good Luck!

Midu

Thanks chrish for replying.
I am 8 days late and have cramps all the way in my abdomen as if periods going to come.
May be i ovulated late or implanted late. I have all those pregnancy symptoms, but tested negative.
Thinking of waiting 1 more week, if still no periods, will go to doctor and do a blood test.
What you say?

chrish

Midu, you can wait for a week later to see cos sometimes as you're PCOS, it can be irregular..or maybe due to stress or such..me too, had sometimes late like 1 or 2 weeks if im stress, though very regular periods :) Come back with good news then hehe ;P

Midu

I went to see doctor, he did an ultrasound pregnancy test and found spasms in my uterus, but not embryo.He has taken my blood to do a test again. The results will be out in a week.
Do you know why these spasm is found in uterus?

fuyumi

I don't have pcos but I'm also experiencing similar symptoms. I'm curious to know, how do you count 6 weeks of pregnancy? Is it from the first day of the last menses or?

I'm 7 days late and been having mild cramps for the passed 9 days or so. There is a bit of spotting these 2 days and my stomach felt more acidic than usual. Today I was feeling nausea for the whole afternoon and a little light headed. I was planning to do a pregnancy test this weekend but I may just do it tomorrow morning.

Everything seem so confusing sometimes and theres never a right time to test since everyones body is so different..