Need help! Baby Fever!

apollo

anw, no matter what, in case of emergency, just send to the nearest hospital (esp kkh A&E), or any clinic 1st.. dun hav to care abt which hospital liaoooo, cos emergency liaoo lehh, just find a doc 1st! haha! :tlaugh:

Last edited:

epicurean

jojoki,

Your gal's fever is ding-donging probably coz it's being 'masked' by med, ie it'll spike when med wears off. Hope you've brought her to see doc or to A&E (NUH Children's A&E is good). If she's puking out med and fever is more than 39 degrees, she'll likely to be prescribed Voren, a suppository administered anally. Doc will likely also do investigative work - take urine samples, maybe blood samples, send her for chest x-ray to determine if there's any bacterial infection.

Hope she recovers soon!

jojoki

Hi Epicurean, how s sebastien? All is good i hope ;p

i brought her to her pd today. She have a mild rashes outbreak today. She woke up with a fever (again! at 39.4) then after 3 attempts, we managed to get one dose of paracetamol down her guts at around 9 plus. Then her fever subsided... until just now its up again... noticed it always spikes when shes asleep.

The pd said its possibly roseola. Although I have not seen any mozzie bite on her, apparently dengue has yoyo fever too and also comes with rash after 3-4 days of fever. So I am quite worried. But pd said she looks good and said that the fever is about to break with the rash. But if by monday morning still have fever thn have to run tests.

SIGH!!! I am soo worried and really dread the possibility of her going trhough tests. SHe has been so traumatised recently with all the medicines n ear probing!

I've asked the pd at KK n our own both did not want to administer suppository. Said its very strong and not encouraged. I had wanted her to get VOren too but since both also said no, i din insist.

Does voren brings down fever permanently?

epicurean

Hi jojoki,

Yeah, Voren is a strong fever med ... that's why it's only for very high fevers, more than 39 degrees. A single dose lasts for 12 hours. It does work fast to bring the fever down (the doc prescribed it for this very reason to prevent Seb's sub-clinical seizures from breaking thru due to onset of very high fever ... it was 39.8 degrees) but if there is an underlying cause for the fever, ie infection, the fever can still return. For Seb's encounters with such high fever, after Voren wore off, the fever was significantly lower and I used paracetemol until he was in the clear coz both times were viral infections.

It's never pleasant to have our kids undergo tests but carefully selected tests can help provide really useful info about what to do with the condition. What to do, they're a necessary evil.

Seb's been ok :) A lot happier and smiley these days ... physio has been really good for him.

Hope you're getting enough rest ... mummy needs to stay strong & healthy to remain keep watch over your dd

jojoki

thats good to hear! i get so wrecked with just these and man, I really salute you, hope seb stays super healthy and happy all e time!

Net is having roseola i think. THe high fever came (suddenly) and lasted 4 days, yesterday rashes appeared and her fever broke (suddenly) The rashes is spreading and covering her face trunks n spreading to arms n legs. Scary sight! UNfortunately its itchy for her, so she keeps waking up crying.

I'm having more thn enough rest as she sleeps all the time... and she wants to breasfeed all the time so i'm literally lying down with her most of the time.

thanks fr the concern n all the advises. Hope she will get over this rash soon too.

epicurean

Hi jojoki,

Thanks, dear :) Did the doc say how long it would take for the rashes to clear up? Would calamine lotion help to soothe the itch? There's also a cream that works well for rashes on Seb ... it's Earth Angel Baby's Bottom Balm (from Moms' Essentials). Well, it's his diaper cream :p but it's also like a 1st aid cream that works for rashes, insect bites, cuts, scars etc. Hubby dubs it the 'miracle cream' coz so far it works for everything on Seb. If only it also comes with anti-ageing properties, then I can also use it for my skin care!

Her wanting to be bf all the time will keep her nicely hydrated esp after her high fever. Combined with mummy's hugs, kisses & cuddles to keep her feeling comforted, it's a surefire formula for recovery :)

jojoki

Shes well di.. one more day the rashes should clear completely!!! Back to her perky prancy no-naps-needed self! Sigh.. why do i feel so tired when she is healthy? haha!

wow will try tht cream!!!

Thanks epicurean!

chiro

johanan got high fever last sunday.. Wednesday kena rosela too.. Fake measles..got reddish spots all over him too...

Covered him wif calamine lotion...n made him drink winter melon strips wif water..

Got scolded by my mum n mil for feeding himtoo much biscuits...

Now he is ok liao...

aiyoh sebastiens turn to have fever ? is he okay?

epicurean

aiyoh sebastiens turn to have fever ? is he okay?
Hi jojoki,

Sorry for the false alarm and to have made you worried :embarrassed:

That pic was taken a long time ago during one of Seb's bouts of low-grade fever. We thought he looked like some ninja warrior with that fever patch so took a pic which I recently changed as my avatar.

Hope your gal's in the all clear :)

jojoki

haha.... now that u mention yes it does have a ninja feel to it!!! She still have some rash impression on her stomached wonder y its taking so long to clear

chiro, any idea if u can catch roseola again? how long did it take for johanan to clear? aiyah feed biscuit notin to do with it wat.. roseola is viral infection leh... is he all clear di?

Blueimage

Alpha Male
i just checked my baby temp went up again 39.5!!! sigh i'm really at lost! if her temp goes down to below 38 do i still give her the paracetamol?any idea? cos when her fever is gone i stop the med cos she has already consumed a lot in this 3days!!

but her fever comes back again.. i'm not feedin her paracetamol as scheduled cos she keeps puking back out the med.. is tht y shes not gettin well?

really worried
I ever heard that when ever the child is fever, cannot sleep in aircon room from doctor.Because the heat cannot get out of the body. But must have ventilation. Don't know is it true. BUt i ever try off the aircon, it seem work, the temp. go down faster.

Starbat11

Hi Jojoki,

My boy is oso dwn with roseola now. Can I check if your gal lost her appetite while she is sick? My boy is oni taking at most 80ml of milk. Ytd, his milk intake didnt even hit 400ml. =( He just want to suck his thumb and sleep all the time. I tried to dream feed but he wld wake up crying. =(

Any idea hw? My boy has lost 0.5kg for 2 days of not eating and drinking. I am worried.

Thanks

haha.... now that you mention yes it does have a ninja feel to it!!! She still have some rash impression on her stomached wonder y its taking so long to clear

chiro, any idea if you can catch roseola again? how long did it take for johanan to clear? aiyah feed biscuit notin to do with it what.. roseola is viral infection ... is he all clear di?