Need more information for buying a new flat

apollo

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think if the flat you wanna get is under you n your husband's name then the loan wld have to b under your name too.. N unless there's sufficient income to pay for the loan it will not b approve. Unless your father in law is going to pay the full sum of 400k in cash? E.g of the flat is 400k. Cos if he owns a flat now then his name cannot b included in the new flat purchased
yes u're right. =)

keefu

My hubby and i guess, our father in law is planning to rent the current house. not sure yet -.- hahahs . Oh, looking around for flats that is near my husband school, at lasalle ..
Which means your FIL plan to rent out the house he currently staying, and buy a resale 5 room HDB? Will this new purchase be under his name or you and your hubby's name?

Since you may be considering flats near Bugis... Wah the flats there not cheap leh haha... I have one colleague who stays near bugis too but don't know the exact location, like somewhere 10 walk to Raffles City and he told me that the 4 room flat he staying in is valuated for at least 550k... 5 room should be at least 600k liao... Do your research on the COV sellers are demanding for too...

stupidyeye

Wah e hse there NOT CHEAP leh.. Best thing is either one of u or u hub must start werkin nw.. And well.. Guess u check out w hdb is better.. They gt more info.. Bt dn understand y ur fil want u both to get a 5 rm flat... If u say dat he is gg to move in and stay..4 rm will do mah.. Too big.. Ltr burden much bigger.. Lik me.. Uncle and me actuali wanted 3 rm.. Bt due to his income we cnt take 3 rm.. Den we had no choice t to take 4 rm.. House is nt easy to have.. Bt is even harder to 'maintain'.. U will nd alot more money wen u gt e flat.. Reno.. Furniture.. Ltr on will be all sort of bills..

Ting

I just bot a 3rm flat at west coast last friday! FINALLY! my 8th attempt to ballot a flat with HDB FAILED AGAIN N AGAIN! the most recent one, i got to know the results only yesterday. disappointed. so we decided to get a 3rm flat coz its within our budget and we are able to afford it if 1 person not working.

First appt with HDB on 22 Nov. got a little problem now coz my husband just changed job. so the HLE we applied previously, dont know can use anot. sigh! coz my approved HLE valid till 11 Nov only. emailed HDB on my issue and waiting for them to get back to me. Hopefully everything goes well man else my $5K deposit will FLY~! or we have to get bank loan already. pray hard.

but now, becoz preggy, cannot do renovation even thou we get the keys in Dec/Jan. will deliver on Feb 2011 after CNY. in laws and parents say cannot do reno 100days after i deliver. omg. end up, we will have to leave that flat empty till next year June/July then can start reno. -_-"
congrats gem. it's good to start small, can always upgrade to a bigger flat in the future. :) smaller hse, lesser burden. :D

Gem2505

congrats gem. it's good to start small, can always upgrade to a bigger flat in the future. :) smaller house, lesser burden. :D
Yeah.. So far our plan is to have 1 kid only. So 3rm enough le. Unless in future want to have #2, den upgrade. By then, it will be another 6-7 years down the road ald.. Can sell our flat le. ;)

Ting

Yeah.. So far our plan is to have 1 kid only. So 3rm enough . Unless in future want to have #2, then upgrade. By then, it will be another 6-7 years down the road ald.. Can sell our flat . ;)
yup gd idea. for me need to start a 4rm, cos alr hv one kiddo. by then shld be hving #2 soon leee. :D