Need recommendation

ashley99

Re: Confinement lady to recommend!!!

My husband didnt wanna hire a confinement lady, he said it is too expensive... because we enquired the rates from quite a few companies. But he hired a Part Time Cleaner Singapore instead, the lady is a singaporean and she helps me with houshold chores like ironing, cleaning of rooms, kitchen, toilets etc.... she is quite good

khloh46

I would like to recommend my confinement nanny. I think this should be the best way of saying thanks to her. She just left us yesterday. Me and my wife still miss her. That alone says for itself how wonderful she is. She is very caring towards my baby and my wife and me as well. My wife had a complication after delivery and was on the walking frame for 1.5 weeks. She hence did everything and thought of ways to help my wife. She cooks very well as well and is proactive in keeping our house tidy and clean. She is very experienced and we have learnt a lot from her. When our friends come to visit my wife, she even cooked some dessert for my our friends. During our full month party, she even made jelly for the buffet.

She is from Ipoh and we know her as Auntie Ah Qing. Her number is 01960165942837. Think 019 is Singtel v019. You should be able to get her at +60 165942837.

yeoymp

Hi, How much she charge?

I would like to recommend my confinement nanny. I think this should be the best way of saying thanks to her. She just left us yesterday. Me and my wife still miss her. That alone says for itself how wonderful she is. She is very caring towards my baby and my wife and me as well. My wife had a complication after delivery and was on the walking frame for 1.5 weeks. She hence did everything and thought of ways to help my wife. She cooks very well as well and is proactive in keeping our house tidy and clean. She is very experienced and we have learnt a lot from her. When our friends come to visit my wife, she even cooked some dessert for my our friends. During our full month party, she even made jelly for the buffet.

She is from Ipoh and we know her as Auntie Ah Qing. Her number is 01960165942837. Think 019 is Singtel v019. You should be able to get her at +60 165942837.

khloh46

My daughter was born on 20-Jan and I got her for the chinese new year period so she charged me 3000. I guess that is market rate for CNY as I got a couple of quotes between 3100 to 3500. I guess her rate for non CNY period should be reasonable. You can call her to check

crystal929

Hi, baby closet, i'm happy to know the recommendation from you since we just made appointment with Ying Jie for my confinement in Aug. It's my first baby and we need all help. Wondering is she good in brewing of herbal tonic etc? and other good things you'd share about her? thanks...

snooch17

Hi mummies-to-be,

I'm a happy mother to my 12 months old daughter. She's walking already and a big bundle of joy to my family. So thankful that we came this far, because she was really difficult during the first few months but I had a really encouraging and patient confinement lady who kept me going and took full responsibility of me and the baby! =)

I heard that CL rates has gone up the roof, some are charging $2300?? It was only $2000 12 months ago. I think its quite ridiculous, almost extortion! Nevertheless, if you're looking for a CL, I recommend my confinement lady, Lin Tai. Previously wrote a post about her here:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f79/need-recommendation-good-confinement-lady-8652/index16.html#post498792

She lost her Singapore no, so she hasn't received any assignments recently and asked me to help spread the word. Her M'sia no is +6016 761 0768

Feel free to call her. She's a really easy-going person, so I believe you can negotiate the rates with her?

All the best!

yeoymp

hi any mummies here use PEM confinement agency before? how is their confinement lady?

i'm due in Sept, still hesitating whether to get freelance confinement lady or from PEM ......

Ace Tan

Hi All, Seems like many mummies are looking for CLs this year! Me too and will be due in early Aug. Its my 2nd child but first time engaging a CL. There are many recommended ones here and I am kind of confused which one to choose. Should I start calling all the numbers recommended here or mummies got any good ones to recommend please? Should I try my luck in this forum or go to Confinement Agencies? Thank you mummies!

Angel9

hi any mummies here use PEM confinement agency before? how is their confinement lady?

i'm due in Sept, still hesitating whether to get freelance confinement lady or from PEM ......
i went with GPLS last time and was very happy with the result. but they have since shut down. the lady they sent was more than excellent. prices are steep and i didn't like the "forced" ang pows that i had to pay, which was NOT up to my discretion. it was a fixed amount of ang pow! anyway, the experience I have with confinement nannies is that if you get a freelance, at any time, they can choose not to turn up, not to return your deposit, choose to cut their stay, give excuses, whatever. and you are left stuck by yourself. with an agency, there are contracts, agreements, liabilities and the nannies are kept in line with all these legalities and the law.

Angel9

Hi All, Seems like many mummies are looking for CLs this year! Me too and will be due in early Aug. Its my 2nd child but first time engaging a CL. There are many recommended ones here and I am kind of confused which one to choose. Should I start calling all the numbers recommended here or mummies got any good ones to recommend please? Should I try my luck in this forum or go to Confinement Agencies? Thank you mummies!
you can try your luck with the freelancers. but it seems that most of them are fully booked. also, you can never be sure if the "testimonies" you see on forums are real. i have come across so many fakers, with fake testimonies. i have decided i will not try freelancers again - this is the same for the jamu ladies. i went with a "highly recommended" jamu lady and she turned out totally crap. i guess it's up to your luck, maybe? i am due in may with my 2nd. hope it all goes well. this is a bumper year as it's the dragon!

Ace Tan

Hi angel, yes wat you said was so true! I read so many forums n posts n really getting stressed n confused n worried. Either the CLs were from Hell or they were like Ageks from heaven as described in posts. I really didn't know who or wat to believe or trust anymore, though I know it's like a 50-50 risk. I dun mind paying abit higher as long she good. An trying to get from GPLS (something like tat?)...I checked their web n it seems kind of good with a lot of positive testimonials. Any mummies used them? I had registered for enquiry n waiting for them to get bk to me... Thanks so much!!

Angel9

Hi angel, yes wat you said was so true! I read so many forums n posts n really getting stressed n confused n worried. Either the CLs were from Hell or they were like Ageks from heaven as described in posts. I really didn't know who or wat to believe or trust anymore, though I know it's like a 50-50 risk. I dun mind paying abit higher as long she good. An trying to get from GPLS (something like tat?)...I checked their web n it seems kind of good with a lot of positive testimonials. Any mummies used them? I had registered for enquiry n waiting for them to get bk to me... Thanks so much!!
i think GPLS has closed down temporarily.

Ace Tan

Oh is it? Their web is still running though I havent tried calling them... No wonder no one replied to my enquiry... It's a pity n I tot they were kind of good n they were kind of recongised by media rite? Hv u got a CL for urself in May? And oh yes, congrats! Boy or gal? Me thinking if worse to worse I juz forgo CL since they are so hard to engage n it's a 50-50 risk... Sigh..

ilurve

Urgently looking for a good CL who cooks goods confinement food and tonic soup to stimulate BF milk supply.
Do laundy and simple housework and definitely TLC plus patient to baby as well.
I need a non-stay CL, any recommend?

email me at, shoppinghurts@gmail.com

yeoymp

Hi Angel,

You are right, i'm not sure how true is the forum "testimonies". And i do scare of nobody turning up in the end......so maybe i will try PEM.

you can try your luck with the freelancers. but it seems that most of them are fully booked. also, you can never be sure if the "testimonies" you see on forums are real. i have come across so many fakers, with fake testimonies. i have decided i will not try freelancers again - this is the same for the jamu ladies. i went with a "highly recommended" jamu lady and she turned out totally crap. i guess it's up to your luck, maybe? i am due in may with my 2nd. hope it all goes well. this is a bumper year as it's the dragon!

Seward

My husband didnt wanna hire a confinement lady, he said it is too expensive... because we enquired the rates from quite a few companies. But he hired a Part Time Cleaner Singapore instead, the lady is a singaporean and she helps me with houshold chores like ironing, cleaning of rooms, kitchen, toilets etc.... she is quite good

Can I have the part time cleaner contact.

yingzy

I can strongly say mine is real! to prove my confinement nanny is real and i'm real..this is e photo if my nanny with my son and of cuz...another photo of me and my son :)

Angel9

Hi Angel,

You are right, i'm not sure how true is the forum "testimonies". And i do scare of nobody turning up in the end......so maybe i will try PEM.
PEM apparently is fully booked till june or july 2012?
yes, GPLS was very very good to me and sent us an excellent confinement nanny. pity they are not operational right now. i was very impressed with their service.

for me, i really need the help of a confinement nanny as i have absolutely no help, no maid, no relatives to assist. the confinement nanny was imperative in teaching me how to handle the baby and bathe it, etc. she also stayed up all night to make sure the baby was alright and also went with me to see the doctor after discharge to check up on the baby's jaundice, etc. i could not have managed without her.

her nutritional cooking was also very beneficial in my producing enough breast milk and getting enough rest. i would not pass up on a confinement nanny as i just simply would not be able to do it alone, especially now that i have an 11 month old baby as well.

pem and gpls are "famous" due to advertising, but there are other agencies such as the ones listed below, which i have not heard complaints about, so you could try them. with freelancers, you really have to know the people recommending and the character of the nanny because 10 out of 10 people i know who used freelancers ended up being cheated or shortchanged or left to their own devices because the nanny had to go home to malaysia for whatever reason.

with freelancers, you also have to apply with MOM to get their work permits as it is illegal to work here as a nanny without a permit. both the nanny and the employer will be fined and blacklisted if caught. and singapore is very small and very gossipy. it is very easy to get caught.

these are the other agencies you can try:
Babysitter services in Singapore! Find Singapore babysitter services nanny or babysitter jobs in Singapore. Babysitter babysitting services nanny services in Singapore
Confinement Nanny | Confinement Lady | Confinement Nanny Service | Confinement Nanny Agency
JIA Confinement Services - Singapore
NannyPro
Innovon Services : Baby Sitting, Nanny and Confinement Services
AmyNanny-Home Page
Confinement Lady SG - Confinement Lady Nanny Service in Singapore

yeoymp

Hi Angel,

Thanks for sharing. I've gotten quote from PEM.......will try the rest of the agency that you gave me.

Same as you, i got no maid no relative to help me this time round.....and this is my 2nd baby, my eldest 13months now.....so i really need a confinement lady.

And heard lots of CLs have been fully booked due to dragon year.......keep my finger cross i would be able to find a good one.