Need recommendations for baby items!

Is steam sterilizer an essential? I hope to buy one from the Phillips sale but not sure whether I shd spend $ on it...
Not really an essential if you are very free...but if you wanna cut on the time for steaming it using the stove den i would recommend buying it

gumbokins

For my first child, my mum sterilize till my girl was 6 months, but for my second, since I took care of him myself I only sterilized twice and that was it >.<

XenXuan

Haha my family n I r busy n lazy ppl.. So we juz buy the avent sterilizer when my son was borned.. So far so good,2yrs+ of daily usage passed n my daughter juz borned lately,sterilizer still in v good working condition,I will say worth the money for that ease of heart that ur baby's bottles r sterilized n clean from germs..

Mummy to Baby V

Though I breastfed my boy mainly through latching on, I still found the AVENT steam sterilizer useful whenever I needed it.
- sterilize breast pump parts occasionally, pacifier and teethers for a period of time

After 6+ months, I stopped sterilizing, except for breast pump parts.

I find it convenient and saves time. As a SAHM, i'm always busy with baby.

HoneybunnyZ

I did sterilise in his early days when I bf and pumped at the same time.
These all stopped after my confinement lady and MIL left from think 3rd month onwards as I decide to just latch him.

Mine is the Avent steriliser....that time bought at $99
Been wanting to sell but don't know why alot of my posts don't get through.

So if any mommies keen let me know please :)
I only selling at $20.

hotmilktea

May I ask if u had epidural when u gave birth to Vee? Coz I read and come across friends that dont have or delay breastmilk when they had epi.
My bestie didn't even engorge at all throughout .

Though I breastfed my boy mainly through latching on, I still found the AVENT steam sterilizer useful whenever I needed it.
- sterilize breast pump parts occasionally, pacifier and teethers for a period of time

After 6+ months, I stopped sterilizing, except for breast pump parts.

I find it convenient and saves time. As a SAHM, i'm always busy with baby.

XenXuan

I had epidural when I gave birth to my son.. Breastmilk came in on the 3rd day of delivery.. But supply gradually stopped when son was only 2mths old as I wasnt eating n taking in much nutrition..

Mummy to Baby V

May I ask if you had epidural when you gave birth to Vee? Coz I read and come across friends that dont have or delay breastmilk when they had epi.
My bestie didn't even engorge at all throughout .
I tried my best to avoid epidural but after 27 hours of contraction and missing one night's sleep, I took it at 1a.m. to catch some sleep. At morning 11+a.m., Vee was finally born.

Milk came in on Day 4, which is within normal 3-5 days range. Of course, I worked hard by latching him on about 12 times a day/night, 30-45 minutes each time until he was satisfied from suckling.

I didn't have engorgement too, my milk was always just nice to meet baby's demand whenever he suckled. (Had engorgement only a few times later due to milk bleb and blocked ducts. But it's very painful and can lead to mastitis infection if milk isn't cleared, so would rather not be engorged at all.)

A few friends had epidural too and they have successfully breastfed. One even had overflowing milk like tap water! (very rare though)

pehong

I also have epidural for my 3 kids, first baby milk supply is normal, but less for the 3rd.

And recently i visit the chinese Doctor due to weak body, he said when a person body is week, or did not have enough nutrition will have less or totally no milk.

So i urge any mummy to be, may visit the china doctor to make body stronger so that will not me too late like me, no milk after give birth.

hotmilktea

u are really very brave to suffer 27hrs of contraction !

I tried my best to avoid epidural but after 27 hours of contraction and missing one night's sleep, I took it at 1a.m. to catch some sleep. At morning 11+a.m., Vee was finally born.

Milk came in on Day 4, which is within normal 3-5 days range. Of course, I worked hard by latching him on about 12 times a day/night, 30-45 minutes each time until he was satisfied from suckling.

I didn't have engorgement too, my milk was always just nice to meet baby's demand whenever he suckled. (Had engorgement only a few times later due to milk bleb and blocked ducts. But it's very painful and can lead to mastitis infection if milk isn't cleared, so would rather not be engorged at all.)

A few friends had epidural too and they have successfully breastfed. One even had overflowing milk like tap water! (very rare though)

XenXuan

Haha agree tat deep breathing does helps alot,but it's still too painful for me.. Wanted epidural for my 2nd baby too but can't as baby decided to come out so fast suddenly haha..