Need some advice on Childcare.

CocoaBear

I am also a stay at home mum, but if the timing continues to be only to place my boy after 830am, what happens for interview and work as I am planning to go back workforce.

I have talked to the teacher today. She said she is getting used to our boy. I have asked her on the matter: anymore new students of my boy's age coming in next year and how to handle if more running about students. She said she do not know if there will be any new ones but if cannot cope then have to discuss with us...

I find the current childcare location and environment (except that the teachers dont seem very patient) more suitable for my boy, as the new childcare a bit far, my boy might be too tired to wake up half an hour and also scare he will roll down from the stairs of the bungalow as nurseries are on the 2nd storey. My boy is unsteady when walking but loves to climb up and down stairs.

After discussion with husband, we think we shall try until end of this year to see if our son can cope well with the current cc and if not, hope that the vacancy will still be around.

Husband is thinking of writing to ask if such childcare like our current one, how stay at home mum place children there and go work? Why the childcare also never indicate is for older children and state the criteria - must be able to take instruction?

CocoaBear

Teacher has told me my boy still running about, and I have given her a piece of my mind- Please teach him. I need them to teach so I put him in here.

apollo

IMO i feel that if the CC cant handle so many kids, they shd not taken in new students. to me, what's more impt is to have good teachers in the CC. if she is an impatient one, ur boy will not benefit much =)

Ting

I am also a stay at home mum, but if the timing continues to be only to place my boy after 830am, what happens for interview and work as I am planning to go back workforce.

I have talked to the teacher today. She said she is getting used to our boy. I have asked her on the matter: anymore new students of my boy's age coming in next year and how to handle if more running about students. She said she do not know if there will be any new ones but if cannot cope then have to discuss with us...

I find the current childcare location and environment (except that the teachers dont seem very patient) more suitable for my boy, as the new childcare a bit far, my boy might be too tired to wake up half an hour and also scare he will roll down from the stairs of the bungalow as nurseries are on the 2nd storey. My boy is unsteady when walking but loves to climb up and down stairs.

After discussion with husband, we think we shall try until end of this year to see if our son can cope well with the current cc and if not, hope that the vacancy will still be around.

Husband is thinking of writing to ask if such childcare like our current one, how stay at home mum place children there and go work? Why the childcare also never indicate is for older children and state the criteria - must be able to take instruction?
every cc hv a quota and they cant just happily bring in as many kids as they want. if they cant cope= not enough teachers, so they cant bring in any more kids what.
i think u shld speak directly to the principal instead of the teachers.

CocoaBear

every cc hv a quota and they cant just happily bring in as many kids as they want. if they cant cope= not enough teachers, so they cant bring in any more kids what.
i think u shld speak directly to the principal instead of the teachers.
Usually she is not around. When she is around, we speak to her, her responses sound slight "negative", example my boy is drinking water lesser than the rest, she will say your son should drink more, or will have fever. Another time, about the running about, she will says that running around boy will fall down and get hurt.

Unlike the teachers, responses are much positive, drink two cups of water...very good. Eat food eat more, very good appetite...

The quota is not met yet, but they seems cannot handle... but so far today my boy has learned to put on his own pants! So I am slightly impressed. Maybe need more time? So now giving another go, see if they can cope before new toddles come in next year.

apollo

Cocoabear, i really feel that the CC is not a good one, at least to me, it doesnt seems to be good. i feel that a good CC/sch shd have a good principal and teachers. if they are not good, or not even up to the standard, shd quickly change a good sch since u're still a SAHM nw, can slowly find a suitable one. and this is the 1st time i heard tt the teachers cant cope well.

my fren used to put her son in CC, the 1st CC he went wasnt really good and she quickly withdraw him and change to another one. aft she become a SAHM, her son go to kindergarten instead of CC. And same thing, the 1st sch wasnt up to her expectation and she change to another one, at least the principal and teachers are more positive and encouraging.

maybe u wanna look for other CC??

CocoaBear

Cocoabear, i really feel that the CC is not a good one, at least to me, it doesnt seems to be good. i feel that a good CC/sch shd have a good principal and teachers. if they are not good, or not even up to the standard, shd quickly change a good sch since u're still a SAHM nw, can slowly find a suitable one. and this is the 1st time i heard tt the teachers cant cope well.

my fren used to put her son in CC, the 1st CC he went wasnt really good and she quickly withdraw him and change to another one. aft she become a SAHM, her son go to kindergarten instead of CC. And same thing, the 1st sch wasnt up to her expectation and she change to another one, at least the principal and teachers are more positive and encouraging.

maybe u wanna look for other CC??
Have tried looking for other CC, but cannot seems to find a suitable one that we felt comfortable with. Either far (have to wake up half an hour) or run out of vacancies. Do not wish to hire nanny as we have a friend who put their child in nanny's care and the son always sick every few days. They felt that the nanny has neglected their son. Further more cannot do "spot-check" like those open childcare where you can pop outside view in see if any teachers "bully" your children.

Now am very stress. What if the teachers of current childcare cannot cope end of month and even the far away cc runs out of vacancy? But if I am to withdraw my son out of current childcare now and to put to the far away childcare, what if he cannot cope? First visit there, he cried. Unlike the first visit to the current childcare, he is happy.

apollo

y not u book a place for ur son at another CC? it's okay tt the CC is full, u can always book the slot 1st and once they have the slot, quickly change him to the new CC?

anw, the ultimate choice lies on u and ur hub. if ur think this CC is good enough for ur son, then just leave it this way =)

CocoaBear

Have chosen to stick to this current one until end of the year to see any results. Have also spoken to the principal. When question on the ability to handle toddlers that run about, she said teachers are experience, only worry that my son will cry when come in too early.

She says can start 8am if I am comfortable that my son crying when put in early. I say that I want my son to be independent. :001_302: So think the principal has nothing to say already...