Negative HPT results but pregnant?

P4nic

Anyone have the above symptoms?
I read somewhere that some HCG lvls are slow and HPT is unable to detect thus giving negative results. Some ppl pregnant 8-10 weeks then the test show positive. Any feedback?

hui_ru_88

Anyone have the above symptoms?
I read somewhere that some HCG lvls are slow and HPT is unable to detect thus giving negative results. Some ppl pregnant 8-10 weeks then the test show positive. Any feedback?
For my first pregnancy, I faced the same problem as you had stated.

I was only tested positive when I was 11 weeks pregnant.

Another alternative is to do a blood test to check if you are pregnant or not.

P4nic

For my first pregnancy, I faced the same problem as you had stated.

I was only tested positive when I was 11 weeks pregnant.

Another alternative is to do a blood test to check if you are pregnant or not.
Wow.. 11 weeks.. but dun u feel ur tummy getting bigger? Do u have any symptoms? Is your menses those regular type?

hui_ru_88

Wow.. 11 weeks.. but dont you feel your tummy getting bigger? Do you have any symptoms? Is your menses those regular type?
Firstly, my menses are those reguar one.

After I missed my first period, I tested twice but was negative. At that point of time, I had a small bump.

Before missing my menses, I do experienced some pregnancy symptoms.

Then, we just leave it as it is.

Again, I missed my menses again. We tested again, still negative.

In the end, we went GP and test. Finally, a positive result.

Afterwhich, we searched for gynae and etc.

P4nic

Firstly, my menses are those reguar one.

After I missed my first period, I tested twice but was negative. At that point of time, I had a small bump.

Before missing my menses, I do experienced some pregnancy symptoms.

Then, we just leave it as it is.

Again, I missed my menses again. We tested again, still negative.

In the end, we went GP and test. Finally, a positive result.

Afterwhich, we searched for gynae and etc.
Hui Ru

So GP do a urine test or blood test on u?

P4nic

Urine test. He said maybe before that, my hormones level is low, thus unable to detect.

What about you?
i think mine unlikely lo..mine is irregular one.. then doc say i got PCOS.. where got so easy strike? -.-

just that in Jun n Jul my menses did come.. but aug one has been missing since now.. i do feel bloated but i always have gastric problem so i dont think thats the case la.. my breasts do feel sore n swollen but today feels better liao leh.. i dun feel like vomitting all the time but i do feel like burping because of the wind lo..

anyway i did HPT 3 times all negative.. sigh..

i m just trying to give myself some hope by asking around maybe got miracle.. but i dont think miracle will look for me la. i nvr been so lucky in my life... :(

hui_ru_88

i think mine unlikely ..mine is irregular one.. then doc say i got PCOS.. where got so easy strike? -.-

just that in Jun and Jul my menses did come.. but aug one has been missing since now.. i do feel bloated but i always have gastric problem so i dont think thats the case .. my breasts do feel sore and swollen but today feels better .. i dont feel like vomitting all the time but i do feel like burping because of the wind ..

anyway i did HPT 3 times all negative.. sigh..

i m just trying to give myself some hope by asking around maybe got miracle.. but i dont think miracle will look for me . i never been so lucky in my life... :(

Dont lose any hope.

So far have you consult any doctor?​

hui_ru_88

you are problem free unlike me so possibility of striking is higher loh.
For my first one, we tried for about 4 months. But to no result.

In the end, we gave up. But who know, within 2 months, I am pregnant.

But in the case, I think the chances is low. So, I decided if really pregnant, go ahead with the pregnancy. If fail, will delay the plan of having second child until next year august.

hui_ru_88

why delay ? just dont stop trying loh. you never know how long it takes to strike right?
Whay you said is true. However, disappointment really de- moralized me.

Secondly, I want to plan child's birthday? Cos for my daughter, it was so coincidence that her birthday is between my husband and mine.

Thirdly, I am still schooling.

hui rui: ur a young mummy.. sure will easily have 2nd bb...
for me.. i only tried 1 month then go see gyane and realise i have cyst.. so sad..

hui_ru_88

hui rui: your a young mummy.. sure will easily have 2nd baby...
for me.. i only tried 1 month then go see gyane and realise i have cyst.. so sad..
If I am not wrong, cyst can be removed by doing a surgery right?

When I was working at O&G clinic, I saw a lot of women who have cysts and fibroids, after the surgery, they got pregnant pretty soon after that.

muffinger

Hi ladies,

I have been reading through the formum...
I just need to hear some reaassurance on what i have read and understand..

- though test kits shows -tive after missing menes after 2-3 days , it can be due to low hcg or homones level . i can still test again in few days time ya?

- The brand of the test kit plays a part in test result , is 25MIU better or 50 MIU better?

- I read some only tested positive after 7-11 weeks, hence i can still test later on yeh

- how about bata hcg at GP .. is that more accurate then clearblue?

- the urine test at GP is sama to the test kit we use at home yeh? unless we do blood test .. which cost??

TIA!! Im like some of you anxious...

Quaver

- though test kits shows -tive after missing menes after 2-3 days , it can be due to low hcg or homones level . i can still test again in few days time ya?
You should try again in a couple of days, using FMU (first morning urine).
- The brand of the test kit plays a part in test result , is 25MIU better or 50 MIU better?
25MIU will be able to detect lower hcg, so can detect earlier than 50MIU.
HCG doubles every 2 - 3 days. Normal level is 5MIU or lower, the body start producing hcg once the baby is implanted (6 - 10 days after ovulation).