New Maid or Transfer Maid???

kohym

Alpha Male
Hi all,

my maid decided that she is not going to work. she was with us for 3 months, not a bad helper but started to get lazy and told us her hand pain (which i think she is exagerating) so she cannot work anymore.

to get a new maid we need to wait 4weeks+. now my mum gettin a bit desperate and says trafer maid also grab .

but the thing is that i thought transfer maids are those got issues ones isn't it? just like my maid.

anyone has good experience with a transfer maid?

pl advise.

TIA :)

kohym

Alpha Male
must my transfer maid come from my current agency?

i read the threads and notice got mommies asking for transfer maids; and some mommies transfering their maid to other employer.

how is this possible? pl advise :) tia

ping26

If u have a contract that is still in force, the agent will provide a replacement maid.

If you have to get a transfer maid from the agent, INSIST on getting the work permit number & check the employment history. Ask to speak to the former employer. Don't believe anything the agent says.

Every change of maid will cost you at least $300 [extra maid levy until yr maid transfer (not sure but at least $175 per mth), insurance (abt $150), etc.]
If u change agent, that'll be another a few hundred bucks & more maid loans. Provided you can get yr 1st maid loan back!

kohym

Alpha Male
thanks ping, so it seems i'm stuck with this agent.

the agent is alrite but seems that my luck with maids is not :(

msmaidagent

thanks ping, so it seems i'm stuck with this agent.

the agent is alrite but seems that my luck with maids is not :(

Hi babe,

Pertain to your question above, New & Transfer is no difference only time is faster for transfer maid. However not all transfer maid no good, they have some weakness which dun meet the employers requirement. SOmetimes New maid also gives problem. Is how you choose the biodata in the 1st place. As a agent myself, i travel to my counterside for maids interview :)

still1

It's not about the interview but rather the attitude of the maid and their motivation to work. You treat them too nice and they go lazy and talk back, I guess the other will have to prevail, ruling the household with the iron hand and the maid has with ZERO privileages!
This is the advice that I get from my friends.
Transfer maids are not good as they have preconceived ideas and possibly issues of taking in work requests.
We have gone maidless for a week, tough but we did it with our 14 mth old. The answer is to get a part-time helper to clean the stuff and have grandparents look after for a while.

We will start the hunt for the new maid this week, better new and wait then sorry.

Suggest you get a fresh one and wait, at least its your choice and not someone's reject.