Night fee

Lana17

Hi mummies,

my 3 months bb has his, so call last feed at 7 or 7:30pm, burp, play play a bit n will put him to sleep around 8:30pm... he will wake up for milk twice - 1 am and then 5:30 am... i didnt dream feed him cos was thinking he sleep so soundly n didnt want to distube his sleep..

my mil was like, what!! yr bb still hv not sleep through the night.. keep saying tht bb at his age shd be able to sleep through liao n said i put him to sleep too early :/ shd also feed him 11pm again so tht he will not wake up in the middle of the night for milk...

i was thinking to let my bb adjust himself, n was thinking eventually he will skip the 1am feed n sleep through fm 8:30pm till 5:30am when his biological clock is ready to do so...

was wondering if my bb sleeps early... n i shd give him a last feed at 11pm hoping he will sleep through without waking up at 1 am again???

or do u mummies think tht i shd leave it as it is now as bb will eventually drop the 1am feed....??

would like to hv mummies thoughts :)
thx ..

msck

Actually... I think 830 is really early. Maybe u can adjust abit to feed at 10 instead. Mine i will feed at 10, usually sleep by 1130. Then abt 330-430 will wake up. Then 730- 9 will wake up

najwee

I started my gal on a last feed at 11pm when she turned 2 months old. Recently I realised that after her 8pm feed (she's usually asleep by 830pm), even without her last feed she is able to sleep thro till 630am or so.

Maybe you can start your baby with a last feed at 11pm and slowly let your baby's biology clock adjust accordingly till he/she can sleep thro the night? Try not to drag this adjustment too long as babies might start to develop a habit of waking up for milk before going back to sleep (even if they are not THAT hungry),

Lana17

gave my bb night feed before goung to bed (around 11h30) the last couple of days, but still wake up for milk at 1am.. tried to pat n shh him but cried louder n louder for milk, was thinking maybe he is used to waking up at 1 for milk ..

think i will try again a few more days giving him a night feed at 11h30 n c if he will eventually skip the 1am feed.. n hopefully he will skip his last night feeds ...

Lana17

Hi najwee,

yes, still wake for the 1am feed. However, didnt wake up for 5am though.. with 2 feeds (11h30 n 1 am) might b full enough to not wake up for the 5am one.. *sigh*..

so currently is 11h30 n then 1am, but didnt feed long at 1am.. will c again tonight..

Lana17

so finally my bb has drop the 1am feed.. BUT now wake up for 5am feed again.. god, i hope he will maintain the timing now - last feed a 11pm n then 5 am, n hoping he will gradually extend his night sleep longer n longer till 6 or 7am...

n juz keep m fingers cross tht he wont wake up for 1am feed again :win:

Jesskoo

Lana17, hw u manage to skip tat 1pm feeding? My bb also drinking at 12, 2, 4, 6 he juz turn 2 mth old! So tiring. Need advice! TIA

Lana17

jesskoo - the first couple of days, my bb still manage to finish his 1am bottle even hving fed at 11pm.. but then after tht i think the 3rd or 4th night, he didnt manage to finish his 1am bottle n then gradually just a few suck n dun want anymore n go back to sleep... what i did was, continue to give the 11pm feed, when he wakes up 1am after, didnt give it to him cos i presume he wasnt hungry n migh b used to waking up at this time for milk.. since he cant finished his bottle, i carry, pat n shh him until he fall asleep.. intially there will b lots of crying but then after a few nights he didnt wake up anymore.. i think his body need a bit of time to adjust to the new timing also... so now it's 11 pm n then 5:30am.. hoping he will extend his night sleep longer n not waking up at 1am again but so far so good :)

can understand, very tiring.. i'm so sooooo tired hving to pat n shh him with the crying at 1am, i myself also feel like crying :(
yr bb is drinking every 2hrs, maybe u can make it to 3hrs feeding 1st n then bring forward the 12 feedng earlier to 11:30 n then 2 to 2:30 and the to 3 and eventually drop the 3 feed.. so u will hv 11:30 n then 6 or whatever time yr bb wakes up..

Lana17

FINALLY!!!! my bb starts sleeping from 7:30pm till next morning 7 !!!! n it has been a week.. kind of relief but i got up a few time at night thinking tht i hv to feed him :p

jesskoo - hv u manage to skip drop any night feeds???

andieluv2

wow!! 7.30-7am is really.long??!! ur bb can slp so long ah??!! mine max was 9hrs of slp. my dear done have a regular time she will wake up. but rather a set duration. means if her last feed is at 730pm, she will tahan till 2-3am then wake up for night feed. thats a good 7-8hrs. and if her last feed is 930pm-10, she can slp till 5- 6am. she by manipulating her last feed time i can actually time.whn.her nxt feed will be. but recently her slp time is getting.longer and.longer! and that scares me abit. haha...