Nipple wounded!

Carlisle

Has anybody else experience their nipples being badly wounded from breastfeeding? My son started having his tooth at 4 months and he stopped breastfeeding at 11months. So I've been having sore nipples since his teeth popped to the point that it gets literally wounded, it would start to bleed then heals very slows, it hurts like hell!

gumbokins

usually when nipples get sore, it's due to improper latching. I nursed my #1 till she was 1 yrs old and yeah, have been bit a few times but usually coz flow is slow and she's distracted or I'm distracted and she's trying to be funny -_-

but are you saying that ur nipples are still hurting even though you've stopped nursing?

Mummy to Baby V

There was once my boy bit me while teething and nursing. There was a small wound below a nipple, which hurt like mad. I expressed milk for 1day to feed him but pump couldn't clear the milk well. Continued nursing him after that day and bore with the pain for a week. Also stayed alert to prevent any biting again.

I used Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple balm to help too.

joeybeadz

Has anybody else experience their nipples being badly wounded from breastfeeding? My son started having his tooth at 4 months and he stopped breastfeeding at 11months. So I've been having sore nipples since his teeth popped to the point that it gets literally wounded, it would start to bleed then heals very slows, it hurts like hell!
if he bite, you just have to unlatch or warn him. he will take your cue.