No breast milk?! :(

Sarobabe

Dear Mummies... Today is already the 9th day after giving birth to my baby and yet I still have not feel any "漲奶“ (discomfort in the breasts) problem and after all the massaging and squeezing, my daily output have not exceed 20 cc... The nurse had advised that usually if after 10 days still no milk means probably really dun have and most likely due to the mother's body condition "體質關係". Does this mean that I have no breast milk for my baby? I've been so upset and cried for 3 days le... I feel like a failing (失敗) mum.. :( How do I know if I really cant produce anymore milk? I'm so disheartened that I feel like giving up.... :(

Would appreciate any advice or share with me if you have any similar experience... thank you very much... :(:(:(

Alisa

do you let yr baby suckle you every 3 hrs? thats what the nurses do and they bring my baby to me every 3 hrs and suckle. even during the night. i did do lots of massaging too and very hard (hen yong li wan) just kept massaging my breast till pain. probaby you can drink Raspberry Tea Leave and see does it help, i did drink them b4 i give birth and i also take milk for pregnacy mom so maybe that helps too. yr emotion is also very important. try not to cry & feeling sad as it will also affect your body in producing the milk wan. Jia Yu!

b3iib3ii

did u take the breast milk production pill right after u give birth? cos my doctor ask me to take the pills took for 3days, and on the 4th day i gt 漲奶. and got milk flowing out. but my milk production also very little. 1 whole day can only squeeze out 120ml.

Jellybeana

Hey .. try TONG1 PIAN4 from the chinese medical hall. Its like white circular bits and they are rather cheap, you have to boil it with water into 1 cup and then drink.
your CL should know.

Else, you can try Fenugreek tablet from GNC.

it will drive you nuts if you keep thinking there isnt enough. My CL kept saying i have no milk untill i feel like "killing" her. cus due to insufficient milk, my kiddo didnt have enough during the initial days and didn't pOo the toxic out.

it takes a while i guess. Jia You ok!?

muddyfox

been thru the same problem, really depressing, but u shouldnt give up, get a good electric dual breast pump (we are using the medela pump in style), pump every 3 hrs 7 time or more a day, dun care about the amt, after few weeks the milk will come. meantime also drink more soup such as papaya fish head daily. Be prepare to have milk powder on standby to feed baby.

dun worry, get more rest, drink more water. the milk will come :)