No cold drinks during pregnancy?

lyra

So far, I've been drinking cold milo, H2O, fruit juices, boost juice shakes, all cold stuff coz my whole body feels hot with the increased temperature. Only take hot milo in the morning partly coz my parents will nag if I drink cold drinks. But are cold drinks not allowed during preg? Anyone knows why?

apollo

i drank cold drinks thru out my pregnancy. cos not only the body temp rised, the weather was VERY hot too.. for those canned sugared drinks i try not to take too much, manily on ice water. =)

Carisella

I also not sure why when my gynae says it's ok to drink cold drinks.. my sister still nag at me, say cannot especially these few days the weather so hot and i'm sweating in an aircon room already :(

But i still drink cold drinks.. mainly ice water only .. :)

Amulet

i drank cold drinks thru out my pregnancy. cos not only the body temp rised, the weather was VERY hot too.. for those canned sugared drinks i try not to take too much, manily on ice water. =)
same here.. coz the weather is tooooo hot!

lyra

ok... I'm not the only one who dun listen to my "elders" here then haha. I guess my cold H2O, milo ad fruit juice shd be ok...

citrella

Same here. I take cold drinks almost everyday. Cold milo, orange juice, sugar cane, milkshake, longan water.

At times, it's the weather, at times I crave for them.

Edwinie

The older generation says that the baby will get 'cold' and catch flu, running nose and cough easily. Not sure how true. My grandma always chide me for drinking cold water. Haha! My body felt so hot that I need cold water. I ate and drunk all kinds of rubbish after the first trimester.

pipilili

The weather these days v hot, if we dont take some cold stuff...we have to hid in air con room for the whole day.

I actually sweat when I am not in air con room....can you imagine???:001_302::001_302:

i guess its the elders bah..they seemed to associated cold = not good...
my parents always nag at me when im drink orange juice but orange juice is good for health and has lots of vitamin C!:tlaugh:

i will try to avoid or take less ice cold.. they say the baby will come out with more sickness but i am not sure..

with this hot weather quite hard not to take non cold stuff... :001_302:

Carisella

i will try to avoid or take less ice cold.. they say the baby will come out with more sickness but i am not sure..
with this hot weather quite hard not to take non cold stuff... :001_302:
Lies!!!.. my mom said she didn't take any cold drinks during her pregnancy with all three ... but!!
my 2 sisters don't get as sick as me..!!
but truth be told!!!.. Only i didn't receive breast milk from mummy :(

Carisella

:O........
hannor hannor.. i heard babies who didn't drink mama's milk immune system lower than babies who drank mama's milk :(
I'm in the less fortunate babies group.. and if i rmb correctly it's not cos my mom no milk.. it's cause she said my ah gong say don't let me drink HUMAN milk.. cos it's DIRTY.. 1980s.. :( what is that man.. and my mama give birth to me already become fatt fatt =3 muahahahahahaha.. <3

lyra

Lies!!!.. my mom said she didn't take any cold drinks during her pregnancy with all three ... but!!
my 2 sisters dont't get as sick as me..!!
but truth be told!!!.. Only i didn't receive breast milk from mummy :(
Agree! I think my constant illness is also bcoz my mom didn't give me breast milk. Sis and I often sick and physically not very strong. But could be due to genes also.

I get cough easily and dad say its in the genes but also maybe bcoz the elders at that time like to smoke a lot even ard children, so my dad kanna cough easily. My dad dun smoke but, last time I close to my grandpa coz staying with grandparents and my grandpa smoke opium n cig!

lsy

I'm also taking cold drinks but mainly juices , fresh milk which is meant to be chilled. But i did not take them with ice. Always opt out ice for juices.
I think it is not so much on the baby health but more to our own womb not getting the warmth.
Weaker people if they take ice water daily u will notice they will drool when asleep hehehe do you?
Even chow yun fatt says he preserve his health and youth by drinking water not less than 5 degree celcius - do you believe ?

XenXuan

Its old wives tales for chinese to believe in taking cold/iced drinks during pregnancy can cause babies to have asthma,bad lungs n kidney functions all that.. Singapore so HOT,how to keep take hot/warm drinks only.. my mom nags at me too,i dun bother much,even fruitjuice w/o ice have been chilled in frigde b4 blending,hw to have HOT fruitjuice? zzz

im in my 1st trimester now....been avoiding cold drinks....duno y but eversince i fell pregnant....i feel cold very easily....cant even tahan 25 degrees air con :embarrassed:

XenXuan

i feel v hot in both my pregnancies,only in the mornings will feel v cold.. juz bring a extra cardigan whenever u go..

Amulet

wah.. thankfully my mom didn't nag at me at all since she herself took cold drinks all the way in both her pregnancies..