No cold drinks during pregnancy?

XenXuan

Haha I ignored most of them.. Some I felt quite true n logical then I will follow,or I been thru it myself then I believed haha..

BeingSingle

so nice to see so many 'rebels' like me..hehehe

my mother is nagging me to do full confinement..she also told me not to eat this and that now, during pregnancy. but i pretend i am following her instructions so that she wont nag..will do the same for confinement too..:001_302:

i totally dont believe it at all except those that is medically proven to not be good for the baby...

i'm gg to order confinement food but will go ahead with taking showers and drinking what ever i want..according to her, i can only drink red date tea or something..

XenXuan

Ya at times I will pretend I'm following my mom's words too.. But I rebelled her during my 1st confinement in taking showers without those herbal bath,end up having bad bodyaches till nowadays haha.. This time will listen to her on this,the rest will have to depend again haha.. Those red dates drink will make ur body feel alot better as they nourish ur body much better than normal water.. I felt so much better from the 1st cup already,was drinking plain water in hospital n totally dun feel it drenched my thirst.. Heard we can drink barley ,red bean soup all that during confinement too,not sure if our moms will allow haha..

Gracecwz

ok... I'm not the only one who dun listen to my "elders" here then haha. I guess my cold H2O, milo ad fruit juice shd be ok...
I went to a TCM doc renowned for successfully deliveries. She also advised me to avoid cold drinks. Reason being, baby will be prone to getting asthma. I didn't believe at first, then when i asked a mom whether it is true, she said, her baby has severe asthma at 3 yo, she drank coke (of course it's cold right) everyday.

I'll just take sips sometimes lor... if it ls really too hot.

Tannie

Glad to know I m not alone... I also drink cold drinks n even have ice cream! Luckily hubby din stop me. I cannot imagine not having proper shower during confinement, I think I sure gonna cheat on that too... Indian, Malays n ang mo also dun hv such rules and I dun c Chinese suffer lesser than them during old age....

miracle25

I'm a 1st time mother so will be more kiasi then others.. but I still drink cold drinks like ribena, fresh apple juice, ice milo (from Macdonalds), milk; for soft drinks, I follow my colleague who is also pregnant, we drink Mug (cos it stated on the bottle that it contains NO caffine)... but will bring them out from the fridge for a while before I drink them except for the apple juice which I often get in from foodcourts..

heard from my colleagues, not just cannot take cold drinks, but cannot take soya drink or ribena cos the baby will have phlegm and will fall sick easily when grow up.. my mum on the other hand, advice me to take more chicken essence rather than bird's nest so tat the baby will grow up healthily and wont fall sick easily..