No more BM?

Jan25

Hi mummies,

I have been doing partial bf-ing for the past 2 mths and recently due to work,i have delayed expressing my bm for 8-9 hrs. nowadays i only bf my bb abt 3-4 times a day. today i noticed spotting. is this a sign that my bf-ing days are coming to an end? if so is it possible for me to increase the supply at this stage? actually feeling quite sad.....

diymummy

Spotting as in your menses is returning?

I had my menses visit me again when I was bf-ing on the 3rd month. I weaned my baby at 7 mths. So, no your bf-ing days are not over, though you'd need to pump more often or latch as much as you can back home to ensure that your supply don't dip too much

But during your menses, due to the hormonal changes going on in the body, the supply during flow days will tend to dip a little.

foreveris

should be ok..my menses return on the 2nd month and I am still breastfeeding at 15 months.. just that when menses coming supply will drop and baby will be upset.. (nowadays, I pump exclusively hence no such problem)..

seraph

Menses and milk comes from the same source: your blood.

SO, if menses comes, automatically your milk will be less, if you do not specially make up your blood loss.

Drink some extra soups or red date water will be helpful, but need watch out the red date might be too heating for some mommies.

if your milk drop too much, can try the milk boosting soups in the below link.

Menses and milk comes from the same source: your blood.

SO, if menses comes, automatically your milk will be less, if you do not specially make up your blood loss.

Drink some extra soups or red date water will be helpful, but need watch out the red date might be too heating for some mommies.

if your milk drop too much, can try the milk boosting soups in the below link.
soups can help you have more breastmilk...

seraph

soups can help you have more breastmilk...
Yes, soup is very effective, remember avoid several type of soups:
- chicken soup made from old hen (hen> 1 year old) if you want to continue breast feeding, because old hen has female hermond, which reduce milk generation;
- Ginseng soup: Ginseng is too heating, will stop your milk;
- Frog soup: too cooling, might not suit some certain mommies;
- etc...

several tips help you increase milk:

- Good sleep helps milk generation, it is said the body blood is made when you sleep...

- Use warm (slight hot) water soak your feet before sleep and pump milk, in the same time, drink 500ml warm milk, also help you get more milk -- this is simply to increase your blood circulation from bottom to top, en, bump up your blood to breast, hehe... but this is not a long term solution, because it may hurt your overall vital energy, as it is kind of forcibly take away your milk/blood from your body. in a long term run, you still need some herbal soup to make up your health.

- feed baby in the night -- night feeding to baby gives stronger stimulation to breast milk;

- whenever get time, tell yourself and your breast: I need more milk to feed my baby, I will get more milk... believe me, this works to me, and one of my friend (who has breast fed her 4 babies) also told me this! -- Maybe the breast hears, or subconsciously, our body could response

Jan25

Thx mummies! Been trying my best to prolong bf as long as possible. It's been 8 months already,wil try to continue. These days supply up a little but stil not as much as before. Think could be due to infrequent pumping. But I latch my baby during night feedings,only that he seems to just want to suckle... Anyone knows if corn and carrot soup helps? My massage lady claims corn can enhance supply...

seraph

Anyone knows if corn and carrot soup helps? My massage lady claims corn can enhance supply...[/QUOTE]

Never heard carrot can help milk boosting... corn is good to soothing urine path, not heard to soothing milk glands... ;)

just drink some fish soup, if see no improvement, try the milk boosting soup, guarantee work!

I took those soups in breast feeding, daily get about 1.5 liter milk!