no weight gain

shi_san_yee

took him for jab at 3 mth, he was 6.5kg. today, 2 weeks later, weigh him, still 6.5 kg. he drinks 3-4hrly 100ml BM. was born 2.9kg. should i see a pd?

hpc

Baby drinking breast milk is likely to have slow weight gain,unlike formula milk,the weight gain is very fast.Don worry about weight as long baby is healthy.

Ting

no need to see PD unless his weight is dropping.
2 weeks, not neccessarily can see the weight gain. usu ppl measure every few mths or maybe more KS is mthly lahs.

shi_san_yee

i'm just sooo terrified of failure to thrive syndrome; now i keep weighing him! then last time i keep calling him baby ah pui, now my mum says such things cannnot say in front of bb :err:

apollo

dun nd see a pd.. unless his weight keeps dropping. since it is not even dropping, dun wry.. and as long as he is drinking well, is okay..

Ting

i'm just sooo terrified of failure to thrive syndrome; now i keep weighing him! then last time i keep calling him baby pui, now my mum says such things cannnot say in front of baby :err:
thats what old ppl believe, but it has no logic... like that everyday i ask everyone to call me fat then i will slim down? no right? from birth, me n family also keep calling pin chubby/puipui, but now, she is still so chubby. so proves to show it has no logic.

apollo

i'm just sooo terrified of failure to thrive syndrome; now i keep weighing him! then last time i keep calling him baby pui, now my mum says such things cannnot say in front of baby :err:
i agree with Ting.. all these no logic one.. my whole family has been calling ds "pui" "FAT" & "heavy" etc and he is stilll chubby.. even my mum who used to be v pantang, she also call ds "fatty" and often ask him "why u so heavy???"..

anw, just to let u know. baby shd double thier weight at 4mth old. means, ur baby's birth weight is 2.9, so at 4mth old he shd doubled his weigth which will be ard 5.8kilo. he is only 3mth but 6.5 kilo, is consider VERY GOOD alrdy... so dun wry.. =)

shi_san_yee

ahh ok ok thanks all! now alot less worried. whole night think of his weight issue, so paranoid. so just monitor as long as no drop in weight he should be ok.

ling.er

My son was 4.3 kg (with out diaper) + when i brin him for injection when he 1mth .. My hubi also did say FAT inform of my baby .. Last wk cos of rashes brin him to see doc this time he weigh abut 4.8kg with diaper on .. As i on 50% F.M 50% B.M .. Dun worry .. As long ur baby nv drop weigh i think should nt be a problem ..

snowbear

Don't worry about weight! Unless he's losing wt. :)

Bf babies tend to be smaller than fm babies, though it's not always the case.

Sometimes it's also due to genes that bb is small. My bb was born at 2.43kg at 37wks. Now 2yo still only 8.9kg but healthy, alert and happy! Stop weighing so often - i used to do that too - and I find that that totally stresses me out and doesn't help things. As long as your child is happy and meeting milestones, not losing weight, I wouldn't lose sleep over it :)