Nuh anyone??

xuezhen09

without epidural?? how do you go thru the pain??

about 2K in cash, think thats within my budget..
coz my hubby dun like the idea that i stay in the award w 3 other people and he can't accompany me thru the nite..
but on the other hand, i am afraid that the cost is too taxing on him..

leecheng

I have been fortunate, all my deliveries had been fast (within 2 hours after breaking water bags). So the really really painful contractions thankfully only lasted about half hour before my babies started coming out and I could push. :) the gas helped somewhat too cos it made me kinda stone. Lol

I got a1 single bedder cos I have quite a big extended family, gives me more privacy and I didn't have to worry about disturbing others when they come visit. Hubby also could stay overnight when he wanted to. (think need to pay extra $30 or something per night.)

As for hospital bill, we had to put $1800 deposit when I was admitted. Medisave deduction ceiling for hospitalisation was $450 per day, can't rem the amount deductible for delivery. The admission officer will be able to give u a better estimate on what is the est bill size, how much can be deducted from medisave and the est cash upfront (deposit) needed.

xuezhen09

I see.. but deposit and payment can be made with credit card rite?? or must it be in cash..

paiseh arh, my 1st baby, i dun wanna end up confusing myself and getting all panaroid thinking i didn't prepare myself properly..

leecheng

Yes, all payment can be made using credit cards. They will refund you the excess (check mailed to your address) if the final amount to be paid in cash is less than paid deposit.

No worries, feel free to ask. :)

xuezhen09

at least my hubby can pay with his credit card, as i haven't been working for the past few months, so no income..
and most of our savings are spent on buying the baby's stuff..
gosh.. and things are not cheap..

btw, they say tt the hospital will give us a diaper bag with sample in it.. what kinda things are they talking about..

zaclin29

Has anyone taken their antenatal package?

I am looking at the package and it includes only the following:
* all consultation from wk22 onwards
* 1st scan at wk22 (presume detailed scan)
* repeat scan at wk32 (presume growth scan)
* max 2 CTG monitoring
* 1 postnatal visit

So all other monthly scan and blood tests not included???

Sounds like the package is quite ex.... :(

tealeaf

Yeah, at first i had my reservations of taking the package because it did not include simple scan unlike packages from other doctors. But after calculating by adding extra charges of simple scan to the package, i found out that i would fork out at most 100-150 dollars in total compared to taking other packages by different doctors.
I compared with packages of 900-1200 dollars package.

My friend who was with nuh before told me that they did simple scan only 4-5times in total. I wonder how can they withstand the curiosity of seeing the baby getting bigger. Hehehe

Xta

Hi all! I will be going to NUH too since its the only hospital in the west plus very near my workplace !

I have seen the A1 wards that my SIL gave birth in and I also want hehe!

Wanted to get Prof Mary but have to wait all the way till 10 May plus she will be on leave from mid Nov to End Nov!
My Edd should be early Dec so I guess it's quite a risk and waste of $$$ not having her around.

So I booked for Dr Su Lin Lin but alamak, she's on leave now, also have to wait till 3 May!! Haiz so I will only get my first scan when I am at 7/8 weeks!

tealeaf

Xta, congratulations on your pregnancy. dr. Su Lin Lin is very popular. You have to book at least 2 weeks to make appointment. And since she's on leave from early april till 18 april, her patients are queueing. I also had my first scan at 7 weeks. I think it's better that way because from 6 weeks onwards you can hear the heartbeat of your baby.

zaclin29

I had my first scan at 9 wks. So it's ok. As long as u see the dr before 12 wks. Dr SU lin Lin is a nice dr too. Congrats!

xuezhen09

I am with Su Lin Lin too..
She is very patient with all the qn i ask..
I didn't noe she was on leave.. i wanted to change my appt to this week as i am having some discomfort at my rib area..
like kana box by the baby, leaving a blue-black pain in there..
any mummy experience that??

Xta

Ooh so many by Dr Su! Maybe can bump into you all at NUH!

Thanks for the assurance that I am not too late to go for my first scan. But most ppl will scan very early at 6 weeks so I was a bit worried if I am missing anything. And I am intending to break the news to my parents and in laws after my first scan but now I have to wait 3 more weeks!

Anyway I am taking folic acid now as advised by my friend. Everything should be fine I guess ,since I don't have spotting or any adverse symptoms. Only the occasional cramps, bloating and sleepiness & a very good appetite (scary!)

tealeaf

Yeah, I know the wait can be unbearable. When I tested positive, I tried to go for simple scan at any nearest hospital just to confirm. But since the technology was not as advanced as Singapore's (I was in Indonesia for holiday), the gynae said he could not see anything! I started to feel a bit disappointed. My hubby said to wait 1 more week before using pregnancy test kit again. I could not say anything to my immediate family!

So I waited for almost 3 weeks (same like you Xta) to do the scan in Singapore. We're so happy and the wait was worth it! We could hear the baby heartbeat. We're overwhelmed and happy.

It's good that you don't have morning sickness, Xta. Enjoy it! Sleepiness is normal, I was sleepy all the time during my first trimester.

zaclin29

Xuezhen09, how many wks are u?
I also have that same pain ard my rib area.
Especially when I'm going to bed.
Kinda makes me difficult to breathe.
But heard it normal. Just need to sleep with 2 pillows on my head.
When I walk, I also have that pain. It's bearable, just like bruise pain. But I just rub ard the area.

xuezhen09

I am at my 26weeks..
the pain is crazy for me.. i can't go back to work (as i am working in a childcare)..
I have to lie down to ease the pain..
i read it on babycentre saying it is normal.. but the pain is really uncomfortable till i breakdown..
my hubby wants to send me to A&E several times.. but i told him not to waste tt kinda money coz i can feel the baby kicking..

did u tell ur gynae?? i told mine, bt she didn't say much about it..

zaclin29

I am at my 26weeks..
the pain is crazy for me.. i can't go back to work (as i am working in a childcare)..
I have to lie down to ease the pain..
i read it on babycentre saying it is normal.. but the pain is really uncomfortable till i breakdown..
my hubby wants to send me to A&E several times.. but i told him not to waste tt kinda money coz i can feel the baby kicking..

did u tell ur gynae?? i told mine, bt she didn't say much about it..
No I hvn tell my gynae yet.... will tell her in my next appt, next month...
for me the pain is quite bearable...
yes for me, lying down will ease the pain too...

xuezhen09

mine can be crazy at times..
i use ice pack at times.. if it doesn't work.. i will use hot bag..
i can barely do anything with the pain..

how many weeks are u at??