OMG! I'm Pregnant!

sugarcookie

I just found out I'm pregnant! In fact, I found out two hours ago! I'm really excited but I'm really nervous as well! My husband and everyone else are really happy but I can't help feeling scared...this is our first child and even though I really want one, I can't help feeling nervous and not ready...I've read some really scary stuff about pregnancy...plus we are currently living overseas (currently in Penang) and I have absolutely no idea what to do!

Anyone else experienced/is experiencing this strange mix of excitement, fear and trepidation??

olllalla

:Dancing_wub: congrats !!! :Dancing_wub:

me same situation like you last year. but not to worry, in fact you have to enjoy it !!!!
eat healthy food and read a lot on pregnancy books, it's help.

Porukadotzu

haha :tlaugh: congratz to you!

currently i'm carrying my 1st child too but i'll be due this early August which is only few weeks away..

When i found out also feel the same like you. mix feeling thou i really want to be pregnant and i can't wait.. but when i found out tat i'm conceived then i got the cold feet.

I guess coz we realise that this is a big changing in our lives.

I also fear or something bad happen, but hope that it won't be happening afterall.. read more books about pregnancy and add more knowledge on what is do and don't.

Soon you will feel tat you want to get the bb asap!

sugarcookie

Thanks olllalla and Porukadotzu! I should be about 2-3 weeks' pregnant and I really hope my first trimester goes smoothly...

Porukadotzu

Thanks olllalla and Porukadotzu! I should be about 2-3 weeks' pregnant and I really hope my first trimester goes smoothly...
yea, heard tat if mummy in a good mood n happy then wont feel any sickness. dunno if its true or not, but i guess i'm quite lucky never exp the ms :tlaugh:. just dun eat those strong smelling food tat would triger ur sickness.

eelynn

I just found out I'm pregnant! In fact, I found out two hours ago! I'm really excited but I'm really nervous as well! My husband and everyone else are really happy but I can't help feeling scared...this is our first child and even though I really want one, I can't help feeling nervous and not ready...I've read some really scary stuff about pregnancy...plus we are currently living overseas (currently in Penang) and I have absolutely no idea what to do!

Anyone else experienced/is experiencing this strange mix of excitement, fear and trepidation??
Hi sugarcookie...me too juz did pregnancy test n found out i m pregnant with my 4th child.... actually my menses nt due yet but me n hubby ganjiong to knw whether pregnant anot so went to buy n test it even b4 knwing if i will miss my menses anot.... altho its my 4th pregnancy, i m still as excited as b4 but i guess all pregnancy feels diff... this time round dat i m pregnant, me n hubby decided not to tell our parents 1st as we wana wait till we go 4 scan to knw the gender of our baby b4 announcing our good news.... but we felt so excited dat we cant wait to tell the good news.... but we stiil gota wait another 2+mths den can shout it out. Haha.... some ppl may b "pantang" dat u canot tell ppl dat u r pregnant until u r 3mths den its save to tell. i guess u all shd hv heard of this belief b4 rite? Sigh... watever it is, congrats to u n me.... n hopefully me n hubby can seal our mouths till den... Haha... So difficult to keep good news....

tiziana

Congrats! Having a little one in you is really an amazing thing.

It's normal for you to feel this way but slowly, you will start appreciating everything especially your little one. =)

Angelmum

Congrats!
Relax!

Surf net or read parenting books.

U staying in Penang till delivery? No relatives? Find out any gd gynae/hospital. U might wanna consider delivery in SG and see the gynae here if feel more home-like or trusted. Can consider see gynae fm both sides - dual opinion

hi sugarcookies n eelyn... CONGRATS ON UR PREGNANCY!! do take gd care of urselves n d bb inside u... eat well n rest more... :tlaugh:

wlin

Hi Sugarcookie

Congratulations! It's normal to feel a bit apprehensive, esp for 1st preggy, but you will soon enjoy yourself more than you think! Welcome to a new phase in life!

Oh yah... one thing you should do now is to go to the pharmacy and buy some folic acid tablets and start taking one everyday, if you have not started doing so.

Hi eelynn
Congratulations! Even though it's your 4th one, but every one is unique and different. I am sure you will enjoy yourself too! Umm... quite difficult to keep mum you know .... I couldn't for my current third one :)

sugarcookie

Congrats to you eelyn! I know how difficult it is to keep the good news! I just want to shout it off the rooftops!

Thanks tiziana! Yes, having a little one in me is truly amazing! It's really exciting but I can't help being scared as hell at times...

Thanks Angelmum! I will definitely be delivering in SG and have already chosen a gynae. But I will still be having a backup gynae in Penang, just in case...

Thanks queenroman! I have been eating like crazy!

I realised I'm in my sixth week of pregnancy (instead of 2-3; had no idea how to calculate earlier). So far, I've been really exhausted and craving for deep fried foods but have not experienced MS yet... I really hope I don't get it... My family and close friends are all in SG so to be experiencing MS and living overseas will be tough...really hope I dont get it *cross fingers*

Velvenie

Hi sugarcookie...me too juz did pregnancy test n found out i m pregnant with my 4th child.... actually my menses nt due yet but me n hubby ganjiong to knw whether pregnant anot so went to buy n test it even b4 knwing if i will miss my menses anot.... altho its my 4th pregnancy, i m still as excited as b4 but i guess all pregnancy feels diff... this time round dat i m pregnant, me n hubby decided not to tell our parents 1st as we wana wait till we go 4 scan to knw the gender of our baby b4 announcing our good news.... but we felt so excited dat we cant wait to tell the good news.... but we stiil gota wait another 2+mths den can shout it out. Haha.... some ppl may b "pantang" dat u canot tell ppl dat u r pregnant until u r 3mths den its save to tell. i guess u all shd hv heard of this belief b4 rite? Sigh... watever it is, congrats to u n me.... n hopefully me n hubby can seal our mouths till den... Haha... So difficult to keep good news....
Congrats to both mummies!!
I also wanna share good news here... Me also strike for 2nd baby!! Just do the test last saturday :tlaugh:

Jen&Jen

Hi there...
CONGRATS to you all.. i'm currently mummy to one gal and mayb trying for another next yr.. take care and have more rest... :)

shulyn

Hi Eelyn, im really so happy for you too! You really speed up very fast for your 4th child...

eelynn

Hi Eelyn, im really so happy for you too! You really speed up very fast for your 4th child...
Hi shulyn, I gota speed up b4 i get too old to slim bk mah.... Can give birth, better give birth wen still young. If nt lata, gao lin chan fu den no good liao.... haha...

sugarcookie

Hi Sugarcookie
Oh yah... one thing you should do now is to go to the pharmacy and buy some folic acid tablets and start taking one everyday, if you have not started doing so.
Thanks wlin! Everyone has been telling me to take pregnancy positively, expect the best, and I will enjoy it! So I'm trying hard now...

I've started taking folic acid tabs!

dodos

Hi shulyn, I gota speed up b4 i get too old to slim bk mah.... Can give birth, better give birth wen still young. If nt lata, gao lin chan fu den no good liao.... haha...
Hi eelynn, im also expected no.4. How old are your kids? How many weeks now?