On diet if I am bf my baby?

I think it's not a good idea to go on diet if you are bf your baby.
Your baby need all the nutrients from your healthy eating.
I'm currently breastfeeding full time.
I feel hungry all the time and eat all the time.
Can even eat 2 packs of rice for a meal!
But I'm losing weight also..
Breastfeeding actually burn off lots of calories.
For my 1st child, bec I express my milk for my boy for 1 year,
I actually become thinner than b4 I got pregnant.
So don't worry about your weight now..
U'll eventually lose your pregnancy weight.

meiteoh

To be honest, the whole "BFing will help you lose weight" doesn't work for all women. I'm one of them and I know of many other mummies who have yet to lose their pregnancy weight.

Anyway, if you go on a diet while BFing, you need to be prepared for a drop in your milk supply. The body will automatically protect itself first when faced with the prospects of starvation (which is what dieting is). I'd suggest to wait for a little while more as breastfeeding your kiddo is more important than losing weight. I BFed my daughter for 12.5 mths and only considered going on a diet around 11.5 mths or so when she started showing signs of weaning off BM completely.

sg81hani

Yerp true... i'm also one of those mummies who bf but not losing the weight fast..... i tried to diet the other time but milk supply went really low and i also had my period - though i do not know if it's connected to dieting. Now I don't diet anymore, just not eating too much oily stuff...

I think u shouldn't go on diet coz i basically cut down my meals without rice and my weight went drastically down, At 1st i was very happy with my weight loss,,not until i started losing hair and feels tired all the time, not forgetting keeps getting sick.
Everyone ard me started getting worried and ask me to stop bf. Now i go back to normal carbo diet and things getting a little better.

Thanks you so much for sharing and advice. I think I not going to on diet first cause I still want continue to bf my baby.

ya, tis is te Q i wish to ask as well....

if like tat, how ler.... my hubby said cannot become super fat fat :wong21:

but i wan to bf my girl....