one year old travel

tongwk

We are planning to bring our baby to Vietnam for two weeks when he reach 1 year old to visit his grandparents.

Do I need to let my boy have any vaccination or immunisation before the trip. Anyone have previous experience on baby travel?

And will wish someone to share with me what are the tips when bringing baby for travel from their previous experience.

Alot are in my mind... like milk powders, bottles, bottle steamer....hygiene etc :(

Thanks for all advices given

diza

If I'm not mistaken, there are 2 vaccinations for 1 yr old baby; MMR and pneumococcal. U can also get flu jab but best to check with ur PD.

To sterilise bottles, I always bring my own travel kettle, container with lid (bought from IKEA, brand is SAMLA), bottle brush and my washing liquid. I don't like using sterilizing tablet so I just buy those 5-l drinking water from supermarket, boil it and pour the hot water into the container and cover it to sterilise all the bottles.. Once the water is cooled, I will drain the water and keep the bottles. Alternatively, u can buy pigeon travel steriliser but can only sterilise 2 bottles at a time. Don't use mineral or distilled water for baby's consumption. Find those that is for drinking.

Apart from baby's basic needs such as clothing, diapers and wipes, I do pack these items as well:
- small first aid kit
- ointment and baby's medication (panadol syrup, nose drop n etc)
- nappy rash cream
- nose cleaner
- cotton buds
- sunblock lotion
- mosquito repellant
- thermometer
- fever patch
- favourite toys and pillows
- clip-on fan and lots of batteries

Just remember not to pack too many activities in one day. Take ur time and enjoy the trip. :)

zc31

Read somewhere before that it's not advisable to boil mineral water. For me I brought the whole sterilizer. It's bulky but process wise a lot more convenient.I brought it for my trip to states when kiddo turned 1.

diza

Yup.. Don't give mineral water.. There's 3 types of water in the market... Distilled, mineral and drinking. I always buy the drinking type.

tongwk

Going for the trip in 3 weeks time. Getting excited and a bit worry too.
Is there any special travel vaccination needed for baby 1 year old?