Opinions on diapers

Hi mummies, want to get some reviews and advice from your experience. What is the best brand of diapers you think you have used so far, in terms of good absorption, good leakage control and affordability? My baby is arriving mid oct and would like to do some homework on this area.

So far I have received a sample of G.OON diaper. Have you used it before? What do you think of its quality and price?

Thanks.

shermyn

Hi, when my girl is new born in 2007. she was on pampers and it leaked. we have subsequently changed to mamy poko and it has been great since then, tried goon before too. same as mamy poko but we still sticked to mamy poko.

now my 2nd bb is due in october, i have just ordered the new born and s size goon diapers during the motherhood fair as they're on offer and are waiting for them to arrive.

Huggies wasnt really good for my daughter, redness....... hadn't try pet pet

KAmum

Am using Huggies now....not good for baby. Cause diaper rash and my girl gets irritated. I'm a bad mummy use it because it's cheap and I'm kinda broke . Lol. Switching to Mamy Poko cuz I heard plenty of good reviews about it. Just don't use Huggies ok, se your baby being uncomfortable makes me a little heart broken lol :/ :)

mosqeetoh

I find merries keeps baby skin dry and nice, no leakage and superb absorbtion. Doesnt bloat up too much like pampers too.

Drypers is cheap and good like others mentioned, but i find that i have to change often for my boy as it fills up really fast! So i dunno if it's drypers or my boy urines a lot!

But so far merries works the best for me and baby :D

Alisa

used huggies cuz TMC is using it. tried drypers & pampers but both leak then change to pet pet. very good and cheap! been using it since my son was 3mths till now.

KAmum

used huggies cuz TMC is using it. tried drypers & pampers but both leak then change to pet pet. very good and cheap! been using it since my son was 3mths till now.
What's pet pet? So far I thought Huggies was cheapest lol :x hmmmm now deciding between Mamy Poko n Pampers...

missyqiqi

Initially i started my gal on huggies coz is cheap, but after that it causes her bad diaper rash, I didn't realise it, and keep on using it coz i thought i nvr apply enough diaper cream. So my confinement lady ask me to switch brand, so i change it to pet pet and its cheap and not bad, but because i breast feed, so her poo poo is quite watery and explosive so sometimes it might leak.

Alisa

What's pet pet? So far I thought Huggies was cheapest lol :x hmmmm now deciding between Mamy Poko n Pampers...
Petpet.JPG
This is the pic. NTUC also selling but if you buy from medical hall, they are cheaper!

Initially i started my gal on huggies coz is cheap, but after that it causes her bad diaper rash, I didn't realise it, and keep on using it coz i thought i nvr apply enough diaper cream. So my confinement lady ask me to switch brand, so i change it to pet pet and its cheap and not bad, but because i breast feed, so her poo poo is quite watery and explosive so sometimes it might leak.
ya, sometimes will have explosion but when when i am using huggies, also explode but i am not going to change to other brands cuz i feel petpet is the most economy.

mosqeetoh

First time hearing merries brand...how much is it per piece for a NB? Is it as good as pampers premium or goon for night use?
Merries is japanese brand. I normally buy at fairprice xtra, not sure the cost for NB. Yupp for my baby it's been excellent for long hrs use, no leakage so far.

angiebaby

Merries is the best, basicly no need diaper rash cream when using this brand, soft and thin, try pet pet but it so thick and hard, when my girl close her legs i can feel its like a hard metal stuck in the center, will never use it again. momypoko is good but personally feel it is too thick, will cause my girl heat rash at the back sometime, so stop using it too.

cost might be a factor but always rem "good things not cheap, cheap thing no good", for the sake of our precious baby's little butt, i rather pay more for a comfort diaper, just need to skip maybe 1 or 2 restaurant trips you can give your baby a perfect butt!

merries now have promotion at coldstorage, also they are giving they bunny to their facebook fans ( time to be advised) let's support the good stuff!

Actually if you look at per piece of diaper, I think drypers is the cheapest. Can be as low as 18cents per pc while huggies is around 23cents. I used an excel spreadsheet to calculate when I buy the diapers online. :001_302:

I'm using drypers for day and pampers active for night. Am also breastfeeding my 4 month old baby. Diaper rash occasionally but will go away after really thick diaper cream.

Agreed that huggies causes really bad diaper rash when I bought it for fun the other time. Don't dare to venture into other brands after that.

lyra

My baby got diaper rash after using Huggies for one night only :( heartache. He is all along using Pampers. I tried the Merries sample and it's not bad. I'll try this next time. I used Drypers on my baby but urine leaks everytime and worse, the poo poo leaks out and made a huge mess. I've a pack of Drypers M84 (6-11kg) at home. Anyone wants? I'm selling it off for $12.

chiro san

Initially i used pampers NB for my daughter n it leaked. Maybe my daughter was very small then. Changed to huggies, she had a bad time with huggies. Cause diaper rash. Switch to drypers, cause abrasion on her thighs. Switched to mamy poko and subsequently back to pampers. Reason being, pampers is very much easier during diaper change due to its elastic bands n it never leaked.

I have tried Huggies, Drypers, Pet Pet and Mamypoko. Still love Mamypoko for its absorbency ability. Never leak and never gave my boy any rashes (i have never used diaper cream on him cos don't feel the need to). Its quite ex but i buy my stock from this medical hall at Tamp Mart, only $14+ per pack compared to $19+ at Shop & Save.

Next best would be Pet Pet. Cheap and very good quality but cutting a bit small. Pinches my boy's thighs.