Organix Rice Cakes

bakaholic

Hi,
I giving to my son who is 16 mths old. He likes it! I gave him plain ones cos less messy. How old is your kid?

tpyy

Hi, mine is still quite young, going to 7 mths. I am just checking out for next time, plan to give him as snacks when travelling some time around Month 8-9? I didnt see the plain ones at Cold Storage, only the apple ones. Hopefully not too sweet or messy hahaha maybe unavoidable for young kids.

Last edited:

bakaholic

Hi,
I think 8-9mths might be a bit young to eat. Need to hold and slowly bite the cake with front teeth. I would just give teething biscuits like Bellamy's Organic toothiepegs as it's a stick biscuit and easier to hold.
I only started giving the rice cakes when my son was over 1yr old. Prior to that, just happy baby puffs and the bellamy toothipegs.

I bought my organic loots from Agape Babies online shop.

tpyy

thanks for your tips., I will introduce rice cakes later then.
I was also checking out Bellamy's toothiepegs too! :) good to know they are easy to handle and eat.

By the way, did you try Organix cereal(those banana/raisin oat)? Or Healthy Times Barley cereal? I also looking at these for M8- M9..wonder how they are.

tpyy

by the way for agapebabies, what type of postage did you choose :

normal--do the stuff come in gd condition?
or registered mail?

thanks again :001_302:

bakaholic

The toothipegs lasts for a while so great for eating out at restaurants.

For cereal, i started with organix baby rice when my son started his solids. After that, i switched to bellamy's porridge till now. He loves it.
I tried healthy times barley and mixed grain. But they are very flaky so try to do in enclosed area or be gentle so that they dun fly around. And strangely, they are abit sweet even though unsweetened. I buy them only when my bellamy runs low as they are easily found in ntuc.

For agape babies, i always try to consolidate with friends/colleagues or buy other stuff to make up to $50 so that i only pay $3 for courier. Otherwise, not worth the discount if i have to top up extra for delivery. I will get food jars/pouch and desitin nappy cream to make up the amount.

So for initial stage, just buy a pack to see if your son likes it and order in bulk after that.

tpyy

hi thanks for sharing your experience. I tried making up to $50++ but still the courier at the check-out option says $8? thks

btw do you know how long did your baby take to finish baby cereal?
Mine finished 100g in about 11 servings, about 2-3 tablespoons (then I add breastmilk).
Not sure if the cereal supposed to use up so fast --did I give too much? Is 100g cereal supposed to last longer?

Last edited:

otterised

Me! I bought the apple rice cakes and gave it when my boy was about 7+ months. He can hold it and feed himself, but very slow. Now that he's 8+ months, he's eating it fast like a pro! lol~ but cos his pincher grip is still not perfect, when he polishes it off til the last bite, he will have difficulty holding the small pieces. So juz bear that in mind when you are giving them~

Some mommies I know gave the ruskspegs, but some brands might be harder so your baby will just be gumming it and not really eating anything~ do take note of that too!