Oscar test results not good

Stacie23

hi
received my oscar results and its borderline as below.

age ;33
hcg-1.971MoM, papp a -0.476Mom, NT:0.8 mm
adjusted risk:t21 -1:308, t18 -1:21603, t13 -1:327
background risk :t21-1:444, t18-1080, t13-3390

the scan was gd but blood test pulled my results down for both t13 n 21.doc was not comfortable with the results too although its within the normal cut off of 1/250 . results were not good against my age average. doc has suggested amnio n ive opt for it.

nyone has a similar situation like me ? Ny advice? im worried abt going thr the amnio also.

My suggestion is that if you intend to keep the baby regardless of the outcome, you should not go for the test as it put your baby to 1% of miscarriage.

Anyway OSCAR is famous for not that accurate. Just stay positive and enjoy the pregnancy journey.

Qookie

I agree. I didn't even take Oscar. Why increase the chances of loosing a perfectly formed baby by going through the next level of testing?

Babies are a gift, even if they turn out to be 'not so perfect'. I've interacted on a personal level with special needs children before- their parents never regretted having them and they can be such beautiful angels!

Anyway, some people on the other hand have their own personal reasons for going through this test. There's no clear right or wrong anyway. Choose wisely though! ;) Have a great pregnancy!

Hi Stacie, another mummy from another thread recommended a detailed scan here : Welcome to SSR for a 2nd opinion.

And i agree with the other mummies. if you are keeping baby no matter what the outcome then might as well don't go save money and dont take the risk. I went for OSCAR and i actually regret coz it's a waste of money.

Stacie23

thanks for the advice ladies. i opt to do the test as i cant relax till i know what is happening.so i guess i dun have a choice.
i have checked with my gynae n the SSR test i heard is the same as the 20 week detailed scan and still its a percentage they would give .seems like an amnio is more accurate n definite.

diza

I didn't take the test too coz whatever the outcome, I was willing to accept it plus I don't want to feel worried throughout my pregnancy if the result is not good. One of my friend took the test and doctor also advised her to take another detailed test. But it turns out, her baby is very healthy! So sometimes the result is not accurate. Don't think too much abt it.