OverFeeding

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
My baby girl is 10 days old only..
I have been trying to feed her BM for day & FM after late night.

She is drinking about 50-60ml (BM) or 60ml FM with 1 scope only.. which can last her about 3 to 3.5hrs.. i guess this is normal right?

Somtimes she cry in 2hrs time.. we did not know if she is hungry or she just cry... so stress...

Once feed, during the day time she can sleep about 2 to 3.5hrs. But at night, mostly she dont feel sleepy which made us tired.

Any tips for us to overcome?

christie06

hi, my baby when she was still less than a month she's also like that.... her sleeping cycle will still change.. just be patient... usually a month plus. but again all babies are different from one another. Just make sure that you always burp her after feeding. My girl had a long sleeping time when she was 1month plus...also drink vitamins so you'll not get sick and better get some rest when the baby is also sleeping ...

Is it recommend to feed e baby after 2 hrs. Of BM/FM if baby keep crying? Coz I scare she is hungry...
From wat i know, every 2-3 hrs for BM. FM can last ard 3-4 hrs since is less diluted. My PD says newborn can drink ard 60ml of FM. Baby cry for all sorts of reasons, my oso keep crying, I usu try to see if his mouth is open and searching to see if he is hungry when im carrying him, if not i will try to burp him, sometimes its cos the wind in the tummy is making them feel uncomfortable. But my boy is the kind who keeps wanting to be carries, once i put him down if he is not sound asleep, he will cry agn and i have pick him up agn...

My girl is currently 2 weeks old, and coz she's on total bf, she'll wake up every 2-3 hrs for feeds. At night, she will wake up more often, and according to the doc, it gotta do with my lifestyle when I'm pregnant with her. Coz that time I'll eat more at night than in the day, so as a result now my bb is still under that routine. But dun worry, it will change gradually.

Bb cries for alot of reasons, may not necessary be hungry only. Best is u take note of the feeding time, if bb cry and it's not near feeding time yet it nay be due to other reasons like soiled nappies, wind in tummy, or maybe bb just want u to carry. :)

newborn, every 1-2hr for breastmilk.. not sure bout fm, cox seldom feed my gal fm when she is newborn... only remember have to latch her on every 2hr... (now she is 4mths and drink 170ml for every 4 hr.. :)

bear with ur baby, as a mummy, have to be scarified.. u'll feel happy when look at ur bay smile after ur baby being feed and full =)

ya, heard tat cry a lot will eat in wind... i think pat pat their stomach gently.. can heard kind of sound.. or my frien told me, if baby head/foot is cool, then mean their stomach not feeling well ...

mayb can apply some "ru yi you" on ur bay stomach.. or give bit bit gripe water (mix with warm water, a little bit will do).. or mayb can burp ur baby after feed..

christie06

i read somewhere that others feed by demand... but make sure that the baby is really hungry because when they have gas in their tummy they tend to feel that they're hungry and what will happen is they will throw up (overfeeding)... you might want to check out this site about growth spurt... =)

http://www.suite101.com/content/baby-growth-spurts-a55784

Is it recommend to feed e baby after 2 hrs. Of BM/FM if baby keep crying? Coz I scare she is hungry...

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
I don't think is e brup lei... After feeding.. She brupt liao.. Rest awhile then will cry... She dun likes to sleep on bed... But when we carry her... She crys alot
also... Then slowly fall asleep. Then try transfer her to bed then shencrys again...

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
Mostly after 2hrs bit he crys then my husband will try and wann feed her coz he thinks that baby is hungry but I don't wan him to feed as I believe is not the hungry problem...

Phyllis15

When my boy is about 2 weeks old, he take 90ml BM for every 2.5 to 3 hours / 90 ml FM for 3.5 to 4 hours. So it might not strictly be 60ml cos some babies have bigger appetite and i dun think ru yi yu cant apply for babies, just have to make sure don't apply at the umbilical cord area.

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
so far i only buy small tin size lei.. so only got 1 small scope for 30ml :(

btw she only 15 days.. can increase her feeding amount le mah?

eurostar

my boy is 7 days old....so far day time I feed him BM...nite time FM as I realise BM I will need to feed every 2 hr ,quite siong
if FM he can tong 4 hr
so far 12 midnit feed FM 1x than 4am 1x and can last till morning around 8am

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
my boy is 7 days old....so far day time I feed him breast milk...nite time FM as I realise breast milk I will need to feed every 2 hr ,quite siong
if FM he can tong 4 hr
so far 12 midnit feed FM 1x than 4am 1x and can last till morning around 8am

Hi... ur baby is very coperative with u...
for mine.. i try to BM during the day & FM during the night also.. but sometimes after feeding.. she dont want to sleep... tends to cry ... dont know what she wants also.. haiz... FM cant even last 4hrs lor... :wong29:

eurostar

Hi... ur baby is very coperative with u...
for mine.. i try to BM during the day & FM during the night also.. but sometimes after feeding.. she dont want to sleep... tends to cry ... dont know what she wants also.. haiz... FM cant even last 4hrs lor... :wong29:
shhhhh......pantang u noe lolxxxx
feed 2x but sometime still need to wake up 1 more time to chg diaper

baby cry think few thing onli...hungry/diaper wet/too hot or cold...can't tink of any more as me 1st time MTB
happi planning ur schedule again

Mummy to Baby V

Newborns need time to adjust to the outside world, so some may cry more than others.
I'd a super-crybaby, breastfed every 1.5-3hours day and night, and can cry from 2-6am. Crazy time, but we survived it all and he's almost 2 years old. :)

If baby is gassy, learn tummy and back massage.

If baby is clingy, try swaddling, and babywearing.

If baby cries loudly for no reason, try switching on hairdryer (or other white noise) for a short while. Safe distance from ears. Amazing how fast the noise can calm baby down. The womb is actually a very noisy place.