P3 Boy very lazy and does not take ownership of his school work

ddl

Real headade. Anyone has suggestion to overcome this problem I am currently facing. Had a 9yr boy, P3 this year. Since P1 he has this focusing problem and easily distracted. Will not do his own own homework need to be told. And take long time to do his homework, he will go toilet, drink water or play with his stationary. Last night was having a hard time with him. Teacher wrote in his diary that he did not do his gramma homework becos he dun hv the book. Come back still keep quite until I found out. Then ask him to do still do blindly without reading the instruction. So hot and angry that I beat him and I was already very upset and cried. Still take it very lightly, just write 2 sentence and keep back in his bag. After I checked volcano erupt really making me go crazy.
Anybody had solution to tackle this kind of behaviour and attitude towards study???

limsc74

HI ddl my pri2 girl is oso the same. Her school teacher and tutor complain dat she gets easily distracted. At home do homework oso must "san qing si qing".Wait till sleeping time then say got work forget to do. Must keep reminding her for homework and spelling. I got no choice employ a tutor to coach her and guide her.Cos some kids must be taught by outsider. During last year i'm oso very stress by her works,i give myself spare time doing my things like watching movies. The more you scold him it will make him dislike study and one day he will just switch off.Sometime got to talk to him nicely.Spend sometime talking to friends or ur hubby.dun stress urself too much.