pain on left side, jus below breast area :(

August

i am currently close to 27 wks preggy and have been experiencing pain on the lower portion of the left breast close to the ribs, the pain tend to cause soime slight backache as welll. Usually experience this after long walks, sitting down for a long time at work and heavy meals. Initially i thought it was the type of bra which i was wearing, but i tried changing to non wired bra-s but it still hurts. However the pain subsided once i reached home, and lay bra-less on the bed to rest.

Anyone having the same issues?

callie

celestelow

It happened to me too. mine was the right side and it started in week 20. It's basically baby pushing against your ribs and your intestines are being squashed. seen doctors regarding this but the advice is use hot relief pack while lying down. I applied it after work when I reach home. It helped a lot the pain disappeared in the late third semester. Not easy to sustain this pain while working. BTW, its not good if you avoid wearing bra, it causes the breast to sag as they are much bigger and heavier now and it may clog the milk ducts and hinders breast feeding. I wore underwired bras and sometimes too loose, the milk ducts are consistently clogged, eventually I got breast infection and my girl could only enjoy a few days of breastfeeding..

August

oh my! i had no idea abt the clogs! :( i have been going braless once i reach home each day! oh no... how do i check for clogs? :(((((((( i intend to breast feed till at least 6mths somemore. gosh.

celestelow

Don't worry, try massaging it every day two times. I was too tired to do it dutifully, hence this result... Avoid using underwire bra or too tight or loose bra... Just right size... Maybe start wearing nursing bra now.. can use later...:) rest assured

August

my ribs feel like its bruised...week 30 now...gosh...like got one 'blue black' from the inside...
Aww I have yet to try to put a hot pad on my back n side, maybe u can try it? My aches aren't subsiding after a day of rest today! :( gosh still hurts

celestelow

It's really tough to have rib pain when pregnant, I have been through it. please don't resort to painkillers even the doctor said its harmless to.the baby, any medication will have some impact on the foetus. try to eat small meals, I did that too and it helped and less oily stuff. it's all for the baby and mummy. a happy mummy equals to a.happy baby. press on. :)