Painful nipple

budgetmoms

My baby must've bitten it unintentionally cos the next thing I knew I saw a little hole at the lower part of my left nipple. It's so painful cos it bleeds whenener I BF my baby. Anyway I can make it better? Will nursing cream work?

elaine01

Understand how you feel. Had it thru my confinement. Dread whenever DS needs to be nursed. I tried all brands of nipple cream. Nothing works. Until BMSG taught me to use my own BM. Then things took a turn & healed gradually. Else I would have gave in to FM liao...........:tlaugh:

Apply some BM on the affected area after nursing & air-dry. Takes about 2~3 days.

budgetmoms

Thanks Elaine! That's what my sis suggested as well. I've applied it at nights and it's slightly better now. At least I don't have to bite my lips when nursing my baby. Thanks!

jlimdan

My younger son also loves to bite me when nursing but luckily till now he still have not had his first tooth (10 mths liao). Good for me but also worry about him not teething :(

vandia82

Hi,
I've just given birth to my second dotter. I'm hoping to breastfeed my girl longer, as my first dotter I only manage to bf her for 1mth. (after my confinement, didnt get to eat well therefore not enuff milk for her)

However, I face some problem, hoping to get some advice/help here. My second dotter suck quite hard and I always have painful nipples after feeding. Worrying that nipple might have wounds or bleed, therefore relying on formula interval bf-ing and during midnight, in order to let my nipples take a break. At times, will express out to feed bb.

My questions will be, are there anyway to protect my nipples from getting injured? And anyway to relieve the pain? Thanks in advance. :)

Another thing is, if I'm sick, down with flu for example, am I able to breastfeed my bb? (given that I didnt take medicine)

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
so now dat DS is coming to 2 yrs, my BM contains more hindmilk than foremilk? More fats needed mah..............:001_302:
the amazing thing abt bm is that it adjusts to your nursling's needs... so yes, as baby grows older and especially when they hit growth spurts, they get extra big doses of all the fats and proteins they need to grow! Isn't that nice to know?

BM is the best supplement around! :red:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
Hi,
I've just given birth to my second dotter. I'm hoping to breastfeed my girl longer, as my first dotter I only manage to bf her for 1mth. (after my confinement, didnt get to eat well therefore not enuff milk for her)

However, I face some problem, hoping to get some advice/help here. My second dotter suck quite hard and I always have painful nipples after feeding. Worrying that nipple might have wounds or bleed, therefore relying on formula interval bf-ing and during midnight, in order to let my nipples take a break. At times, will express out to feed bb.

My questions will be, are there anyway to protect my nipples from getting injured? And anyway to relieve the pain? Thanks in advance. :)

Another thing is, if I'm sick, down with flu for example, am I able to breastfeed my bb? (given that I didnt take medicine)
If you're latching on properly, there's no real reason for painful nipples (besides the occasional bite :p) So make sure your nursling is opening big and wide before latching on!

If you're down with the flu... well, personally, I don't like going to see the doctor. I'd just take extra vit. c, drink plenty of fluids and take an ordinary panadol (not extra or the one for colds) for any headaches/fever. There are some bfg knowledgable GPs who would be able to prescribe meds. But you have to look for them! or get recommendations. Otherwise lots of them will just tell you to stop bfg. Sigh.

vandia82

Okk... Suppose i dodnt let my dd latch on properly ba... Actually I also not too sure.. lol... Just feel sore and kinda pain after breastfeeding... As in when I press my nipples will feel sore and pain... :/

Me also dun like to see doc... :p Also worry later see doc then tell me stop bfg...

Bella404

I know and i can understand what you fell, how painful it is, just try maybe it will works and it will help u a lot :)

Beth72

In every mummy, has the same problem and situation. mostly mummy near to give up, i feel that way, but i never give up i try and try to cure it, i also try mursing cream, but its help. but not many.