Part Time Maid

GMarie

Hi, just some feedback on Mdm Ang...she started cleaning for my family since second half of August, @ $15 per hour, said she is local, told me she is efficient, can get the job done in 4 hours, once a week.

When I first asked to see her IC, she didn't bring it, at first not an issue as I was at home to supervise & pay her. Then she wanted to change days to come, still ok. Took longer than expected to get things done which was ok initially, getting used to my house. But she was taking 5 hrs n longer, to clean my 5 room HDB flat, laundry for my parents & daughter (which I had to hang out, so I told her not to do it after the 1st week), & ironing (for 2 ppl, so I started doing ironing myself also!)

After a few weeks, I asked to see her IC again because I intended to leave my keys with her, then sms'ed to remind her. She replied saying her hubby told her cannot show me, then when she didn't turn up & I tried calling her, she didn't pick up, just sms'ed me said her hubby said to stop working for me!!!

matrix

Looking for part time maid in Ang Mo Kio area. Any efficient maid to recommend? Once a week. Weekday, flexible on time and any day. Willing to pay market rate. Prefers direct hire, no agent please.
ngjp2000@yahoo.com.sg

Last edited:

balloon

Pls pm me for PT helper/cleaner on weekday once a week/fortnight.
I stay in Hougang area.
My last auntie have to take care of her daughter's new born thus hve to find a replacement.
Her service fee was $10/hr n usually for 4 hours.
no agent pls n Thks!

Huggy

Hi all, I have a part time cleaner for Punggol Sengkang area.
She can speak English and is very efficient and good cleaner. The feedback from her customers are all very positive and no complaints at all.
You can sms me at 97588413 to enquire. Thanks.

Macrick

Hi All, I'm offering part-time maid services. Here are the details:

Nationality: Indonesian
Work History: been with Caucasian family for more than 3 years. Able to speak English well
Rate: $20 per hour
Payment: 1st time, cash on arrival. Subsequent via DBS/POSB Ibanking
Contact number: 83740427
Availability: Sunday, other days pls call to enquire.

Hi all, I have a part time cleaner for Punggol Sengkang area.
She can speak English and is very efficient and good cleaner. The feedback from her customers are all very positive and no complaints at all.
You can sms me at 97588413 to enquire. Thanks.
Hi,
Can your cleaner travel to bendemeer area? TIA

Hi I'm staying at jurong west and I'm looking for a part-time maid who can come once a week or once a fortnight to do chores like ironing and general cleaning.

Please recommend me if u have a good one. No intention to go through agency.

jdmum

Hi I m looking for a part-time maid to help out with cleanings. Either weekly or ad- hoc, location at Jurong. Anyone has contacts, pls pm me. Thanks

Here's a VERY IMPORTANT ADVICE TO ALL.

If you employ a foreign "part-time" maid, domestic helper, they musteither be
- Singaporeans /w compulsory CPF contributions (so that they can get governmentworkfare bonus)
- Singapore PRs /w compulsory CPF contributions (so that they can getgovernment workfare bonus)
OR
Cleaners WITH PROPER WORK PERMITS DIRECTLY UNDER THE PAYROLL of the cleaningcompany.

If they do not get their CPF, they can go to CPF Board tosue you and you will be liable for criminal charge. Even if they ‘agree’ totake cash in private, if things go sour between you and them, they may ‘stilldecide’ to go to CPF Board to sue you and CPF will still go after you.

Any filipino / Indonesian/ or other country maids working OUTSIDE theiroriginal employer's houses ARE DEEM TO BE CONDUCTING IN ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES, canbe ARRESTED and CHARGED in SINGAPORE COURT and DEPORTED BACK TO THEIR HOMECOUNTRY.

The employment agencies supplying such 'part-time maids' are liable of up toS$80,000 fine by MOM and the house owner employing the part-time services ofthe filipino / Indonesian / or other country 'part-time' maids is also liableto be fined up to S$15,000 by MOM. Pleading 'ignorance' is not an excuse ofviolating Singapore Law.

MOM Officers are stepping up their inspections from 500 to 5,000 per year.

You have been warned. It doesn't pay to pay less for illegal maids.
Look for cleaning companies who only supply Singaporean or PR helpers, ORforeign helpers with PROPER WORK PERMITS. These come at a premium cost, but atleast you can be assured you are acting in accordance with Singapore Law andyou can sleep in peace. More and more have been caught and charged.