Paternity tests?

Ashleygwendolyn

How long is day 1 of pregnancy from day of sex?
If I'm told I'm 30 weeks pregnant now, do I count 30 weeks back from today n how many days to the rough estimated date of sex?
I'm trying to trace back the day of sex that this pregnancy was caused by to determine the father, pls help..
I heard we can do a paternity test (non-legal use) at some research centers in Singapore. Should I wait till birth? How much does it cost, and do they accept in installments? I dont't wish for my current husband to know as this pregnancy was not planned n was the reason we got back together & got married. I'm not working n have no savings so I'm worried about the cost.

piggie

How long is day 1 of pregnancy from day of sex?
If I'm told I'm 30 weeks pregnant now, do I count 30 weeks back from today n how many days to the rough estimated date of sex?
I'm trying to trace back the day of sex that this pregnancy was caused by to determine the father, pls help..
I heard we can do a paternity test (non-legal use) at some research centers in Singapore. Should I wait till birth? How much does it cost, and do they accept in installments? I dont't wish for my current husband to know as this pregnancy was not planned n was the reason we got back together & got married. I'm not working n have no savings so I'm worried about the cost.
Hi, sorry to hear about your situation, the only test available to test for paternity DURING pregnancy would be to undergo Amniocentesis.
This is a procedure where the gynae would first do an ultrasound to locate the position of your baby, before inserting in a needle thru your tummy and withdrawing a little amniotic fluid to send for testing.
Not sure how much is this going to cost, but as this procedure carries a slight risk in miscarriage, it would not be advisable unless its really really important and necessary to have the test done.

Else, you can just hold on till you give birth to your precious baby, and then do a DNA test AFTER your baby is borne.
There is this commerical DNA lab, that does paternity testings. You might want to browse thru their webbie
i-DNA Genetics : DNA Testing, Research Laboratory Products & Services
or go to google for this company: i-DNA Genetics
From their website, paternity testing takes about 2 weeks and have a range of cost starting from $500.

Hope the above information would help you a little in making your decision.
The pregnancy, planned or not, is still ultimately YOUR baby.
Once you give birth to your bundle of joy, you can then reconsider if you really need the paternity test to be done.

All the best in your pregnancy journey and remember to take good care of yourself! :001_302:

lavendarbluez

Hi, sorry to hear about your situation, the only test available to test for paternity DURING pregnancy would be to undergo Amniocentesis.
This is a procedure where the gynae would first do an ultrasound to locate the position of your baby, before inserting in a needle thru your tummy and withdrawing a little amniotic fluid to send for testing.
Not sure how much is this going to cost, but as this procedure carries a slight risk in miscarriage, it would not be advisable unless its really really important and necessary to have the test done.

Else, you can just hold on till you give birth to your precious baby, and then do a DNA test AFTER your baby is borne.
There is this commerical DNA lab, that does paternity testings. You might want to browse thru their webbie
i-DNA Genetics : DNA Testing, Research Laboratory Products & Services
or go to google for this company: i-DNA Genetics
From their website, paternity testing takes about 2 weeks and have a range of cost starting from $500.

Hope the above information would help you a little in making your decision.
The pregnancy, planned or not, is still ultimately YOUR baby.
Once you give birth to your bundle of joy, you can then reconsider if you really need the paternity test to be done.

All the best in your pregnancy journey and remember to take good care of yourself! :001_302:
Hi there, I have contacted them but they do not contact this paternity test for unborn baby.. I am facing the same situation and the thread starter too... do you all think KKH provide such service?

jo_mum

Hi, on the 1st day of conception you are considered 2 weeks pregnant. Means if you are 30 weeks pregnant, you should minus 2 weeks = 28 weeks and count 28 weeks back to determine the date of conception. Hope this will give you a rough guide.

zane80

I know that this is a very very late reply but at least future couples can know what to expect in a paternity testing.

A DNA paternity test can never be a pleasant affair for anyone especially the mother.

Prenatal testing is now available even when the mother has not given birth yet.
It is a non-invasive method that would require the blood of the parents and not the unborn baby.

The accuracy is 99.9% but in some rare cases, a result cannot be obtained.

If the baby is already born, we can just simply use the buccal swabbing of all parties.

However, if the mother does not want the father to know, she would need other samples like nails, toothbrush and clothing.
Hair is not a good sample which many ppl thought is.

Lastly, remember to do a 31 loci testing if possible.

Ptclabsingapore
ptclabs

Last edited:

Karren

I am surprised to know that really the samples of nails, toothbrush & clothing will be needed for prenatal DNA Paternity Testing? I am amazed by your reply dear..

zane80

You are mistaken. Non-invasive Prenatal uses only blood.
Paternity testing uses the samples that you have mentioned earlier.
Do read more about DNA paternity testing in the newspaper on 28th Oct 2012. Cheers.

Karren

Thanks for your lovely and explainable reply. Actually its just that I was doing research and that this was this site AdvancedPaternity.com which made me realize it should be only of 3 kinds that is home,clinical & legal paternity testing so I was amazed of reading the article of prenatal DNA testing. Sorry to bother you dear..