pay mummy for confinement

andieluv2

I think u better give her a token. I did for my mum but she refused to take. I did give her more money for her monthly allowance thou. Then later she complaint to everyone that marketing was expansive and she is short of cash. Pissed off, I move bck home and not stay with her.

Guess in order not to have such situation arising, u better give her money and make sure she take. Even thou ppl will say Aiya she is ur mum lehz. But don't be surprised that even ur mum will count to the last cent with u. That's wat happen to me.

NeSSa

yes i did..as older folks said doing confinement is consider dirty..n u must give at the end of it..i gave $500 to my mum

Djj

Ha, I gave her 1k for marketing and cooking and Ang Bao 1k previous time and 1.5k inclusive of cook and marketing and an Ang Bao of 1k this time but upset that she claimed that it a must to pay her.

msck

I din give her angbao. But i gave her alot for marketing. I told her to keep all the changes. So everytime she went out, i gave her from 50-200. I think should have 1k include marketing. On top of tt, i still give her allowance.

Antway, 500 not enough to cover confinement. Imagine u need to eat fish everyday, drink soup (pai ku, chicken or soup) everyday. Also must brew the red date tea. Really not cheap.

Djj

It's hurt me when she told me that.i gave her allowance every month and well I jiz treat it as the real world.

White Bell

Hey, don't need to feel too upset about it k? She still cares for you else she won't bother to do ur confinement for u. Jus probably the way she puts it across maybe abit harsh... Next time with ur own daughter or dil just don't repeat what ur mum did ba... =)

lovepixie

Wah if own mum give about 1k... What abt MIL? My MIL is flying over to do confinement for me. I pay for her tickets and anytime she wanna go back I buy her flight tickets. I still want her to take care of my baby after confinement cos hard to find babysitter for dragon year babies. Maybe $1888 is a good number for angbao

msck

well... i think own family members just give lo. Avoid unnecessary 'conflict'. ^_^

Lovepixie, haha... i think u can just give 888, but still give her weekly allowance together with marketing expense.

Djj

Most of my friend's parent dun even take a cent from them . they even offer to pay for the marketing expenses . ..so maybe this show how much they willing to give to their children. ..

Angeleye

i bought all the dried ingredients like red dates, black bens, black dates, danggui, wolfberries and dangsheng, sesame oil, white wine.. i did not give my MIL allowance becos she didn't really do my confinment.. she just cook (lunch & dinner). my husband gave her $ for things like fresh fish, meat and vege... I eat the same for my whole confinement period. once or twice additional like pig trotters and pig stomach soup...

felicity

My mum quit her cleaner job to help me w my confinement.. Actually I'm also happy that she quit as it's been very tiring for her as she still do all the chores at home, cook dinner etc. I gave her $1500 which is double of her income. I hv been giving allowance to my parents also n continue to give. I gave my mum in an angpow cos I read from another thread better to put in angpow... Otherwise I would just give as cash cos I'm v clueless.

I won't expect my parents to pay for anything because they can't even afford any good food themselves.

lovepixie

Hi msck,

Hmm for easier counting n compensate flying n all that la. outside CL n baby sitter now so expensive. My mil quit her baby sitter job at hometown n come n help take care of my baby. So I must not let her feel that I'm taking advantage of her willingness to come all the way to my house. Pay her outside rate also good cos surely she take extra care cos own grandchild

andieluv2

i bought all the confinement stuff like those chinese herbs and all myself, gave her 1.5k for all the marketing, and at tge end of it, i wanna give her another 1.5k but she refused to take. so by the end, i gave her another 500bucks. month allowance i top up for her like 200more and i offer to pay all the electric bills during my stay in her house.during confinement. but she.is still not happy and keep grumbling that its.so expensive buying her marketing stuff. haiz...

lovepixie

aiya the key is knowing your own mum/MIL then compensate her according to how well u know her.. for my mom no need means no need to give.. for my MIL i hard to guess cos my hubby also clueless about his own mom.. so i feel better compensate..

MamaDT

Aiyo I think my mum and mil both will reject.... So best give extra cash (exclude monthly allowances) without putting in Ang pow best at the end of confinement.. Maybe they see Ang pow then dun feel like taking it :)

Anyone give small Ang pow to mummy at start of confinement?

lovepixie

Hi MamaDT

Should I give angpow at the start of confinement or start of first day MIL move in to 'take care' of me for pregnancy / birth / confinement. Cos she comes earlier due to preparation for baby arrival.

jaspzz

My mum only ask for $1k inclusive of marketing & doing confinement and in fact I consider myself as blessed when during my baby full month celebration they pay for buffet & gift totaling of $1k as a gift to baby.. So end up its like I'm not paying a single cent for my confinement.

MamaDT

Hi Lovepixie,

I think depends on whether ur hubby give allowance every month to her... If have, then
I think at the start of confinement give a small Ang pow to help u do the confinement then end of confinement give her bigger Ang pow :)