Pem confinement

August

Hi mummies,

I am intending to sign up with pem confinement nanny agency as my edd is in august, and it is really difficult to find private nannies already. The operator on the line was quite professional, and he emailed me the price list which included the price of the nanny (abt $1.8), and +++ the herbs costs, and the jamu massage prices.

Has anyone been with PEM confinement and able to share some experiences with me? I hope to breast feed but i have not signed up any pre natal courses with the hospitals hence i will need serious help once my bb is out.

angelatan81

I did use their services b4 and the nanny i got was pretty good. Maybe you can ask for my nanny if you are going to get from them, i call her ping jie :)

My CL was from PEM. She was pretty ok. Very strong Malaysian accent. Not imposing. Her name is yue ying. Her cooking is yummy.

shespice

I think PEM confinement is reliable. I have used them twice, once in 2008 and 2010. So far the nannies that I got were ok and they do their job. I took the package with the herbs as I didn't want to bother having to look for herbs when needed. With the package, the nannies will arrive in your home with all the herbs for cooking and for bath. Hope you get a good one if you choose to use their services :) Oh by the way, as most of them are Malaysians, they don't really speak English. Mandarin is the main medium of communication while some of them are able to converse in Cantonese also. I don't speak Cantonese and my Mandarin is also not very good but we were still able to get things going so I think it shouldn't be a problem :).

Last edited:

August

I think PEM confinement is reliable. I have used them twice, once in 2008 and 2010. So far the nannies that I got were ok and they do their job. I took the package with the herbs as I didn't want to bother having to look for herbs when needed. With the package, the nannies will arrive in your home with all the herbs for cooking and for bath. Hope you get a good one if you choose to use their services :) Oh by the way, as most of them are Malaysians, they don't really speak English. Mandarin is the main medium of communication while some of them are able to converse in Cantonese also. I don't speak Cantonese and my Mandarin is also not very good but we were still able to get things going so I think it shouldn't be a problem :).
Oh thank you veyr much~ good to know that u are able to communicate with them.. i guess i shldnt have that much problem thn.. however, i do not have a room for the nanny hence she is sharing with my mil, jus a mattress on the floor. :x hope she wont leave for tt reason

Confinementfood

We equip your maid with the knowledge of the type of food that you should/could consume during your confinement and teach them how to cook it.

This helps you save cost since confinement fees are not cheap these days and eliminate having another stranger in the house during your confinement period.

Please pm me if interested.

Angel9

OMG!!!

I sent my deposit to PEM a month ago. They did not contact me.
And I contacted them this week to check.
And they said they did not receive my cheque! I sent it in the pre-paid envelope that they gave me!

Anyway, so now they said, since we did not receive your deposit, you have to top up $300 because we are nearly fully booked!

When the consultant came to visit us, they did not say they will extort extra money if they are fully booked. They only said they will not accept anymore clients if fully booked.

omg!!

Is this legal?? This is clearly extortion!

Angel9

this is ridiculous.
they came to visit us with a consultant in Feb 2012 (it is now march 2012), and we agreed on the costs, etc.
they provided 2 pre-paid envelopes for us to send them paperwork and cheques.
i sent them the deposit as agreed ($700 at that time) in their own pre-paid envelope.
more than 2 weeks later, we did not hear from them so i contacted them about sending me a receipt for my cheque.
they got their "finance director" to contact me and this person said, "oh, we have not received your cheque but we have decided to make everyone who book in may, pay extra".

now the truth is, did they or did they not receive my cheque? if they did, it is a binding agreement for the agreed fee when they came to consult. if they "did not" receive my cheque, they can claim we never agreed on the price.

there is no legal document and they did not provide me with any legal provision that they have the freedom to any how jack up their prices as they wish.

so claiming that they have decided to make everyone who book in may 2012 pay extra, is EXTORTION. so what if they are very busy or fully booked or whatever? they have said previously that if they are fully booked, they will NOT book any more clients. at no time did they say they are going to EXTORT or jack up their prices.

if you do more research into PEM, you will find that 8 or 9 out of 10 people who have engaged them are NOT happy with their services. so what if they provide "unlimited" exchange of confinement nanny? their nannies are lousy! some nannies even said they didn not go through any special training with PEM. just some couple hours of talks.

the reason PEM can claim they are very popular and have the most number of licence applications with MOM is simply because they advertise VERY heavily. every month in almost every mother/baby magazine, they have a FULL page full colour advertisement.

i was going to sign up with PEM but after this incident, i do not trust them at all. they have no integrity! they are basically lying and trying to extort money.

the last agency i went with, unfortunately currently has problems with MOM. but their integirty was SUPERB. and the nanny they sent us was VERY GOOD and very reliable and serious. that agency actually let us pay the deposit ONE month before i was due. and i could pay the whole package in 6 instalments. this is called TRUST. they trust us and we can trust them. they did not require us to pay upfront and did not try to extort us when they were going to be fully booked.

PEM is embarrassing compared to my previous agency.

Angel9

everytime you ask PEM how many nannies are left available or how many have been booked, they will lie about the number.

in Feb 2012 they said they were nearly fully booked for may 2012 with only 15 slots left. and after the last 15 are taken they will not book anymore. and they said becoz it's dragon year, they will be fully booked within only a few weeks. it is now march and they are still not fully booked - so they are extorting more money?

they also said they are fully booked for april 2012 yet i know people are still booking them for april.

PEM is very untrustable. i believed their ads, but after so much research, i found that they actually have a lot of complaints and people have advised not to book with them at all.

CrazySnow

My confinement nanny is very good. Her name is Wang Yuying. (There are a few called Huang Yuying so be careful). She was a great support for me.

WHY CONFINEMENT CENTERS?

Confinement centre is an ideal place for postpartum moms to stay and rest during their confinement period. Confinement centre provides proper nutrition meals, physical hygiene and good rest for postpartum moms. For newborns, there will be experienced confinement nannies to handle and take care of them in confinement centres, as opposed to the grandparents whose experiences are limited to the children/grandchildren they had.

Confinement Centre is the best choice for those couple who does not want to bother their parents or mother-in-law. Confinement centre is also a very good place for those who dont’t have extra space for a confinement nanny to stay in with them. It is also ideal for those could not find a trusted/recommended confinement nanny in advance.

Advantages of having confinement period in confinement centre:
1) Postpartum mom who decides to stay in confinement centre will not need to source for a trusted/reliable confinement nanny and end up with problematic ones who cannot communicate with them or leave halfway through the confinement month. The postpartum mom will be taken care of by the confinement nannies inside confinement centre and any problems they have can be resolved through the management in the center;
2) The postpartum mom will be given excellent and superior care by well trained and experienced confinement nannies within the confinement centre under the supervision of management in the center;
3) The confinement centre will always open their door for you regardless of your actual delivery date, whether it is much earlier or later than your expected date. The experienced confinement nannies will always be on standby for you 24 hours a day in the confinement centre;
4) The confinement centre will provide full support and assistance to postpartum mom for instant detailed information and facts, reading supplies for preparation list or even shopping list prior your delivery;
5) In confinement centre, everything had been included inside the chosen package, hence you are able to plan and arrange your finance properly and effectively;
6) In confinement centre, postpartum mom is not required to worry about what confinement meal to prepare for every single meal, what ingredients to buy & etc. Everything will be handled professionally by the confinement centre.
7) In confinement centre, every meals are well researched and prepared with a variety of choices everyday according to the different stages of recovery after confinement;
8) In confinement centre, postpartum mom and newborns are going to be taken care of by the confinement nannies 24 hours every day.
9) In confinement centre, your requests will be attended to immediately by the confinement nannies.
10) Contact us now if you want to find out more about our center and services!

http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

Busymom

My 2 confinement with pem was good; first and second with Aunty Qiufeng. She provide good advice and took great care of the newborn she even assist with the basic care of my older child whom was under her care previously. For my third confinement, I extended for another month but she was not able to assist, so the agency send in another confinement lady. Her name is FEI SHAN - not recommended to take her as she was more to the "on holiday mode" she was on the phone at least 70% of the time and sleep through the night, not aware that it was raining heavily as I had to go over the room to close the window to prevent rain from splashing into the room. Most ridiculous is she kept hinting for a bigger Ang Pow and taxi to send her back on the departure day.

Hi mummies,

I am intending to sign up with pem confinement nanny agency as my edd is in august, and it is really difficult to find private nannies already. The operator on the line was quite professional, and he emailed me the price list which included the price of the nanny (abt $1.8), and +++ the herbs costs, and the jamu massage prices.

Has anyone been with PEM confinement and able to share some experiences with me? I hope to breast feed but i have not signed up any pre natal courses with the hospitals hence i will need serious help once my bb is out.
Confinement nannies are not nurses, thus they are not well equipped to help with breastfeeding. PEM included. They don't know cup feeding, spoon feeding also very difficult. So if you hire them & need to supplement with formula, have to use bottle - risk nipple confusion. And they will not b able to give advise on breastfeeding. You are on your own. May not be pro-breastfeeding also, since it is tiring for them at night.

pemconfinement

hi
We specialize in providing confinement lady services and our expertise in this field sets us apart from other maid agencies.All nannies residing in PEM are exclusive to our company and do not engage in freelance or work with other employment agents. Such exclusivity enables us to
monitor our nannies work rate at a minimal of 8 cases annuall.

Last edited:

Angelis888

Re:

WHY CONFINEMENT CENTERS?

Confinement centre is an ideal place for postpartum moms to stay and rest during their confinement period. Confinement centre provides proper nutrition meals, physical hygiene and good rest for postpartum moms. For newborns, there will be experienced confinement nannies to handle and take care of them in confinement centres, as opposed to the grandparents whose experiences are limited to the children/grandchildren they had.

Confinement Centre is the best choice for those couple who does not want to bother their parents or mother-in-law. Confinement centre is also a very good place for those who dont’t have extra space for a confinement nanny to stay in with them. It is also ideal for those could not find a trusted/recommended confinement nanny in advance.

Advantages of having confinement period in confinement centre:
1) Postpartum mom who decides to stay in confinement centre will not need to source for a trusted/reliable confinement nanny and end up with problematic ones who cannot communicate with them or leave halfway through the confinement month. The postpartum mom will be taken care of by the confinement nannies inside confinement centre and any problems they have can be resolved through the management in the center;
2) The postpartum mom will be given excellent and superior care by well trained and experienced confinement nannies within the confinement centre under the supervision of management in the center;
3) The confinement centre will always open their door for you regardless of your actual delivery date, whether it is much earlier or later than your expected date. The experienced confinement nannies will always be on standby for you 24 hours a day in the confinement centre;
4) The confinement centre will provide full support and assistance to postpartum mom for instant detailed information and facts, reading supplies for preparation list or even shopping list prior your delivery;
5) In confinement centre, everything had been included inside the chosen package, hence you are able to plan and arrange your finance properly and effectively;
6) In confinement centre, postpartum mom is not required to worry about what confinement meal to prepare for every single meal, what ingredients to buy & etc. Everything will be handled professionally by the confinement centre.
7) In confinement centre, every meals are well researched and prepared with a variety of choices everyday according to the different stages of recovery after confinement;
8) In confinement centre, postpartum mom and newborns are going to be taken care of by the confinement nannies 24 hours every day.
9) In confinement centre, your requests will be attended to immediately by the confinement nannies.
10) Contact us now if you want to find out more about our center and services!

http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies
Hi Aixinmummies,
can i know more details about your confinement packages? Eg 14 or 28 days?
Thanks!

contipro

We had bad experience with PEM staff service and their nanny performance...
if those nannies work in my organization, wif such service attitude sure will ask to leave... We as parent have no choice and bad luck to engage such poor standard nanny services, we juz have to bear wif it to the end of the service..
Hence I ask fellow new mummy and daddy to be, please choose wisely the confinement services..

mummy0001

Hi contipro,

I feel sorry about your experience but so far i'm having good experience with them, i'm also one of there costumer, when i try to find nanny for my baby i choose PEM confinement nanny, because it's known in our place, not only known but their they trained as well, they want to be sure also that there nannies are good enough to provide very presented service, and when i talk to one of the stuff they are friendly and they entertain me as will. They explained what's there capability, when i confirmed a nanny i must talk first what i like and what i don't like, before i confirmed i must be sure first that she must sign my contract, if she don't like my rule. It's really great experience for my family and my hubby to choose PEM confinement, the nanny i choose have the good working skills, they can do any kind of work. :)and now my baby is getting bigger and healthy.. :) :001_302:

hi pemconfinement,

It would be an honor and interesting when my baby comes out in my belly, i would probably choose your agency, who take care my baby girl, when she came out :)