Period not coming after labour

clare chan

hi, i give birth to my 2nd daughter on feb, my period last about a month. After that, i have not having my period until now, its end of may, and im very sure that im not pregnant, is this normal? as im breastfeeding my daughter since birth, im a bit worry now, please advise.

mrswan

Hi Clare, same case as you but first time mum and i gave birth in Nov. As long you still bf, you wont be having period. I just stop bf recently so now waiting for my period to come. I have a few friends stop bf and period come back. So not to worry :)

clare chan

oh really, i did not aware of this n thought of having health issue. if thats e case, i wont have to worry anymore. thx for advise!

mrswan

No problem, read this that I found in one of the help website :)

"I've heard that breastfeeding can keep me from getting pregnant. Is this true?"

Yes, as long as you nurse according to the rules of natural child spacing. The same hormones that make milk suppress the release of reproductive hormones. While breastfeeding full-time most mothers do not ovulate and do not have menstrual periods. This means that you can't get pregnant, at least for a while. It's as if your body is telling you, "Nourishing one baby is all you can handle at the moment. It's too soon for a sibling."

Ekari

No problem, read this that I found in one of the help website :)

"I've heard that breastfeeding can keep me from getting pregnant. Is this true?"

Yes, as long as you nurse according to the rules of natural child spacing. The same hormones that make milk suppress the release of reproductive hormones. While breastfeeding full-time most mothers do not ovulate and do not have menstrual periods. This means that you can't get pregnant, at least for a while. It's as if your body is telling you, "Nourishing one baby is all you can handle at the moment. It's too soon for a sibling."
Natural restraint to Reality. I just find it funny reading the last sentence but one cannot disagree with that.

mrswan

ya one baby can suck all my energy, i cant imagine if Im pregnant now with my 6mth baby to take care.

I gave birth in Nov n my period came bck in Feb....I was actually still pumping out breastmilk during that period. Aft the period came, my BM juz stopped :(

clare chan

i noticed that i had pumping less milk for the past 2 days, not sure if its due to im not feeling well, but i still let my baby latch on after work n midnite, while pumping hard at work, in this case, i really do not want to see my period!!! cos i dowan to stop breastfeed my bb girl.:eek:10:

mrswan

clare: jiayou!!!

kimitsusei: of cos cannot trust 100%, still got to take precaution if dont want pregnant so soon :)