Perth in September.

Diydee

Hi Mummies,
I will be bringing my daughters 20 months old and 9 months old respectively to Perth this September. I know the weather then will be towards the chilly side. Do I need to bring winter wear for them? I am afraid i might appear too kiasu.
Kindly advise!
Also, any farmstays to recommend?

Thanks!

Pocoyo80

Dear Diydee,

My family (2A and 2C) just went for 8 days trip in Perth (Mid June). We stayed 4 nights in perth and 3 nights in Margaret River. According to the locals, the winter is delayed in Perth. The night temperature is between 7-10 degrees at night and 14-18 degrees daytime. It is expected to get colder in July. My sons (7 and 9 years old) put on thermal, scarf and down jacket when we go out at night. Daytime, they only put on sweater and jacket.

Margaret river has many factories, caves and gorgeous beaches to explore. We stayed at Bussells Bushland in Margaret river, very clean and can see many wild kangeroos and birds. This is a bushland stay in a cottage. Hence, is an awesome experience for the kids to enjoy nature. We visited Wonky windmill farm at margaret river as they have a fruit orchard and a wide array of farm animals. The fruit orchard also allows the kids to try fruit picking which is quite interesting.

Perth, we stayed at Pan Pacific and FRaser Suites Perth. Highly recommend for Fraser Suites - very clean, good view and near to city.

Pocoyo80

My boys also love King's Park. There is a big playground and treehouse at Synergy Parkland... can also bring along a ball and they can parctically play the whole day. There is also a cafe near to the playground. Hence, if it rains...can seek shelter there for hot choc and nice coffee. if you love plants, can visit the Roe gardens which has some flora to look at...

We also visited Swan valley, fremantle prison, fremantle weekend market, caversham wildlife park, Garden city for night shopping (outskirts and can get some pretty good deals) all in Perth. I managed to sweep many good buys from pumpkin patch, happened to have sale. :)

bunny dad

Hi Diydee,
Beside all the attractions mentio by Pcoyo80, there is a "Perth Royal Show" annually held somewhere in Sept, this year is from 27sept.see their website for detail. I was there with my family few years back,many things to see and buy. There have farm animals show,rides, food and even can try milking a cow.
I think there is a wild flowers event at King's park too.

Diydee

Thanks dear parents, I did not realise there were replies in this thread. I just returned from the vacation and i love perth!
:)

ClaireYang

Hi diydee - how was the weather at Perth? I came back from Sydney around Sep - the weather was great - more comfortable than Singapore and not very chilly

Diydee

Hi ClaireYang,
Great weather it was sunny but we were never drenched in sweat. The wind keeps on blowing and during the day the highest was 21 degrees and at night it fell to 10 degrees.
Missing the weather thr.
How was Sydney? I am thinking of heading there for CNY.

ClaireYang

Sydney was great - CNY will be a good period to visit as it is nearing end of summer so not so hot. Lots of great food - i recommend CHISWICK restaurant - not cheap but very good food!