pethidine

mrsmorgan

dear experienced mummies,
how useful is pethidine (e jab in e thigh) during labour?
is it a gd pain relief option so that we can avoid using epidural?
at hw many cm dilation will it be best to use pethidine?
how long will e relief last?
TIA!

NursMama

it doesnt work for me!
i still prefer the gas lehhh :shyxxx:

but lastly also kena use the epi coz emergency csect :embarrassed: (for my first)

mrsmorgan

e gas makes u drowsy right.. i hate e feeling of drowsiness! i think it'll cause me to panic even more! aiyoh.. i really hope to avoid epi.. :embarrassed:

NursMama

the gas makes me feel "high & like floating in the sky" and i'll forget the labour pains! LOL :001_302:

you try the pethidine first lorrr, see wther it works for you... if no effect, then the gas... lastly if still cannot tahan then epi laahh... but if u asked for it last min, u'll just have to endure the pain! :Dancing_tongue:

saralee

Dear mummies

Im also trying to avoid taking epidural after hearing all the negatives of it. When is the time to take Pethidine jab?

Cheers!

jojoki

i like the gas!! its like i just downed 10 graveyards! super high! haha but I took epi also haha.... but i took around 8cm!

bbgal_2010

I hate the gas as i vomitted thrice after smelling it...as for i dun have regrets on the epidural coz i dun feel anything at all....i took the jab when i'm 3cm dilated.(but i got free epidural effects for 1/2 yr coz i still feel numbness on my leg )

fioncess

for mi no epi jus the gas.
when im delivering n feel pain, i breath in the gas real hard n i forget abt the pain. but you knw when u reach the limit of breathin in cos you'll feel dizzy...
jus concentrate on pushing n it'll be over very soon.
i heard inject on tigh not much effect..

lekdao

I took the pethidine jab for my both delivery. The first delivery the nurse suggested to take since still a long way to go. After the jab @ 9am plus i fell asleep till close to 12 noon i woke up and heard the nurse calling my gynae to rush to hospital dun delay ... LOL

The same nurse suggested to take the jab again since i feel the pain is pretty bad at 5pm. Still felt pretty bad pain after the jab, they helped me to release urine (abt 1L), that coz the labor pain more ...

Both my delivery i did not take epidural. 1st delivery pain until forgotten abt epidural, 2nd delivery requested but is too late to take - 15mins before baby come out.

iwan2noe

dear experienced mummies,
how useful is pethidine (e jab in e thigh) during labour?
is it a good pain relief option so that we can avoid using epidural?
at hw many cm dilation will it be best to use pethidine?
how long will e relief last?
TIA!
Hmm, i used laughing gas during my pregnancy. I was so much in contraction pain that i think i breathe in too deeply and see stars..then my bb was delivered.. hehehe

I did not use epidural. Go for regular walks and u will see it helps in ur labour. Just like me. I save $ on epi..i think there is no standard degree of dilation for the use of pethidine bah... The nurse gave me the jab and i dun think it helps, or mayb the pain is too much that I cant feel the effect..

my bb came out in less than 1 hr time...but i was bearing the contraction pain for a few hrs lioa....think got 6 hrs, at hm somemore..then cannot tahan then go to hospital....hahaha