Pets?

lulu

I'm also preggie now and have a dog at home. Actually I have had dogs since i was a baby...when i was born, my parents had 4 dogs at home. But, despite the long-term exposure to dogs, I was tested negative for toxo before my pregnancy.

I read a lot of toxo online and it's reported that cats are the natural carrier for toxo virus. Dogs can be infected if they eat the infected-cat faeces and we can get infected if we "eat" the infected-dog faeces (i.e., never wash hands before eating after cleaning up the dog's poo, etc). Other than through cats & dogs, we can also get infected if we eat raw meat from infected animals. I checked with my gynae too about this and he also told me the same thing. So, i think as long as we practice good hygiene for ourselves & our dog, we should be fine.

Now that i'm preggie, my husband is the one who cleans the dog's poo....not b/c we're scared of toxo but simply cos i cannot bend down too often.

I can't wait to see my kid playing with my dog in the future...i think my kid will bully my dog for sure....my dog is a timid chihuahua...heheeheh..I hope they get along well....