Phlegm for 3months plus old baby

abigail14

Hi all ,
My little boy named kaiser is 3months plus old and he has alot of phlegm and he is having cough too . I went to a polyclinic on kaiser's 3rd vaccination but he wasn't allow to be vaccinated due to his diarrhea so at the same time , i asked the doctor regarding his cough (at that time , he dont have any phlem and his cough isnt that bad) but the doctor said it's normal . So i just went back home thinking that things should be fine since the doctor has confirmed that it's normal but sadly , these few days , kaiser's cough is getting bad and there's alot of phlegm .. it's very much disturbing his sleep and he is having a slight fever now . Usually , i will give him 4-5oz of milk depending on the time and he is ok with it after a burp or maybe just some milk leaking out of his mouth but these few days , he tend to vomit after his burp . Kaiser was admitted to kkh last month due to this problem too . I really need advice , can anyone help ?

christie06

Hi, if i were you i'll bring her to kk for a check up. It's better you spend few bucks than spending a hospitalization fee if it's get worst. And also your baby is to young to give any medicines not prescribe by doctor/pediatrician. I have 2 kids 8 and 1 yo. When my 8yo is sick i bring him to polyclinic but for my youngest who has hospitalized to due to bronchilitis when shes 1month old i always bring her to kk but her immunization i just bring her to poly.

maichiang

mi boi who is 19weeks suffered coughing n was very chesty wid loadsa phlegm..he missed his 4th mnth injection bcz of tt..he was given sum oral medications n a nasal drop by poly's doc..didnt get betta afta a few days so i took him to kk A&E..they did xtray n still said to give the given medicine..as his lungs were fine..n den a few days ltr it disappeared jz like that..if its a viral infection,the body will fight it..n der is not much medication to help it..bt i was given salbutamol which helps to open/maintain the airway so tt they wont haf discomfort or difficulities breathing,if i am nt wrong

For infants,its still best to go kk or any reliable ped clinic..i dun get satisified wid wad ple tell mi..i always go kk..recommend you to take if it still doesnt get betta,at least you would be reassured..

abigail14

Hi worthy lady, thanks for your advice..on the day when i posted this ad, kaiser's fever shoot up to 38.5 and i brought him to the nearby baby clinic and he is so much better now :)
Really felt relieved..once again, thank you!