Piles and Enema Insertion

michellelim

The childbirth brochure given to me mentioned that "you will be given enema to empty your bowels upon admission."

I have piles throughout my pegnancy and worried that the insertion of the enema will be painful.

Anyone here gone through this procedure before and how is it being carried out?

breadgal

They will insert it into ur anus hole in a tube with a small tip.. The tip is quite thin & the nurse will oso assist u in e position tat make e insert more easy.. No worries u will not feel a thing.. I had outer & interior piles n I dun feel a thing.. Before the nurse insert , for ease of mind u can inform her tat u got piles so she will b more cautious.. Tat's wat I did for both my delivery..

michellelim

Thank you breadgal, good that its painless. I went guardian today to buy some stuffs and i saw the enema tube, just the size of the tube of water can make me faint. Btw, how fast does it take effect, hopefully its not those tummyache type.

They will insert it into ur anus hole in a tube with a small tip.. The tip is quite thin & the nurse will oso assist u in e position tat make e insert more easy.. No worries u will not feel a thing.. I had outer & interior piles n I dun feel a thing.. Before the nurse insert , for ease of mind u can inform her tat u got piles so she will b more cautious.. Tat's wat I did for both my delivery..

najwee

The nurse told me to wait for 10-15mins before going to the toilet but it was pretty immediate for me. No more than 5mins after administration of the enema and I had to go!

breadgal

The tube size is scary but the tip tat goin to insert is not.. It's juz like those machine oil bottle with fine tip.. After pump in e water e effect is almosd immediate.. Less than 5 mins later u can feel.. And yes it's stomachache feel.. Nurse oso say e more u endure e more waste will come out.. It's good as it's emptied thoroughly so after delivery no need to worry poo poo will affect ur wound.. For my 1st on e 7th day then got e urge to poo.. 2nd on the 5th.. By then wound already much or less not so sore..

breadgal

Juz to add on after ur delivery ur piles will get worse.. So remember to take e medicine prescribe n cream to apply daily & most important stool softener.. If allowed drink lots of water , yogurt & yakult so tat will not constipated..

michellelim

Oh i see, will try to endure as long as possible. I eat yogurt quite often so it should help. Thanks again.

Juz to add on after ur delivery ur piles will get worse.. So remember to take e medicine prescribe n cream to apply daily & most important stool softener.. If allowed drink lots of water , yogurt & yakult so tat will not constipated..

pinksnow8

The insertion is not painful, just a bit uncomfortable.
The most challenging part is to hold in the liquid for 5-10 mins before pooing.

Mreow Mreow

Mummies, how long does piles take to heal after birth?
Won't moving around and bowel movement hurt SOOO much? :(

Mummies who had piles before birth, did u use or did gynae prescribe anything to help reduce it?

Mine was not so serious as in I could still move n sit but just a little in comfy as I could feel the piles. My Gynae did ask if I wan a cream to apply but I din wan to cos I din wan to apply cream down thr during confinement when I can't bath everyday. So really depend on how serious is your piles.

oh yes, after the enema, must really try to hold as long as possible cos for my second child, I let go after 3 min. Then during actual pushing, I push out shit! Luckily baby din come out. So midwife asked me to really empty the bowels before we really push baby out. I've heard of cases where baby pushed out together with Shit b baby swallow some. So for the sake of our babies, endure!!

Mreow Mreow

Mine was not so serious as in I could still move n sit but just a little in comfy as I could feel the piles. My Gynae did ask if I wan a cream to apply but I din wan to cos I din wan to apply cream down thr during confinement when I can't bath everyday. So really depend on how serious is your piles.

oh yes, after the enema, must really try to hold as long as possible cos for my second child, I let go after 3 min. Then during actual pushing, I push out shit! Luckily baby din come out. So midwife asked me to really empty the bowels before we really push baby out. I've heard of cases where baby pushed out together with Shit b baby swallow some. So for the sake of our babies, endure!!
Thanks for sharing ur experience !! :)

Did u have piles before birth?
Yes, it's good yours wasn't serious! Some mummies have so much discomfort after birth due to piles...

Do all hospitals give enema?
I heard some mums mention that KKH doesn't?
Hmm, when my turn in Dec comes I'll bring my own... Haha!

I have piles before birth but was not serious as well. Just protruding out a bit n I could feel sore when touching it. But my Gynae also din say anything abt it n is not bothering me so much so din do anything.

Not so sure if all hospital gives but it could b the instructions fr the Gynae. Cos I rem my Gynae told the nurse to give that to me. Mayb u can check with your Gynae? Mayb some pole was not given cos was too late? For my case, mine was induced. So easier for them to gauge when best time to give it to me.

anything not sure check with Gynae. They know the best.

Mreow Mreow

I have piles before birth but was not serious as well. Just protruding out a bit n I could feel sore when touching it. But my Gynae also din say anything abt it n is not bothering me so much so din do anything.

Not so sure if all hospital gives but it could b the instructions fr the Gynae. Cos I rem my Gynae told the nurse to give that to me. Mayb u can check with your Gynae? Mayb some pole was not given cos was too late? For my case, mine was induced. So easier for them to gauge when best time to give it to me.

anything not sure check with Gynae. They know the best.

Thanks alot for yr advice!! :)

pinksnow8

I heard from my friends that Kandang Kerbau doesn't give enema, but you can request for it. Ask the nurse to give you "Fleet Enema" and she will administer for you. It is important to have enema so that you will not push out the wrong thing, and also after delivery you no need to worry about passing motion.

Btw it looks like this: Fleet Products | Enemas - Enema | Enema EXTRA | Mineral Oil | Bisacodyl

Thanks for sharing ur experience !! :)

Did u have piles before birth?
Yes, it's good yours wasn't serious! Some mummies have so much discomfort after birth due to piles...

Do all hospitals give enema?
I heard some mums mention that KKH doesn't?
Hmm, when my turn in Dec comes I'll bring my own... Haha!