Planning for a 2nd one

Mummies,

Me and my hubby planning for a 2nd one....But we are worried abt our financial....Currently both of us are working...and nanny is looking after our gal who is 13mths old....

If we were to have a second baby, I would quit my job and stay home to look after both of them...so abit worried abt our financial part...dunno can cope anot....

Any advice from anyone???

joeichen

Mummies,

Me and my hubby planning for a 2nd one....But we are worried abt our financial....Currently both of us are working...and nanny is looking after our gal who is 13mths old....

If we were to have a second baby, I would quit my job and stay home to look after both of them...so abit worried abt our financial part...dunno can cope anot....

Any advice from anyone???
i think u have to do ur calculation 1st.
E.G
1. How much u & ur DH earn per mth? e.g urs-$1500 DH-$1800 total $3300 (nett)
2. How much did u spend on juz diapers n milk powder for ur 1st child per mth? e.g per tin of milk powder is abt $30-40 (depend on brand) diapers abt $60 per mth. Total 4 tins of milk min = $120 + $60 diapers.
3. Can u send ur DD to childcare by 18mths? (If ur income is a muz to the family).
4. Hw much r u paying the nanny?
e.g Nanny per mth is abt $600, childcare per mth is abt $200-300 with subsidy (depend on childcare). Total max amt is abt $900. Is ur salary much more than tat? If yes then can consider tis way, if no then u will have to quit ur job for 2nd child.
5. Can any1 else in family help? (in taking care of the infant) FYI, infant care is abt $600 after subsidy.
6. ur DD current expenses? Diapers n milk powder?
All above r only basic requirement which exclude medical fee, labour charge, extra activities charges, extra food charge (e.g fish for porridge, ceral for milk)

Hope I'm not too loso.

Joeicheng,

Thanks for sharing....wow after reading wad u wrote, i more stressed...

hmmm...my nanny is $650 per month and sad to say is none of our family or relatives can help..so we can only rely on ourselves....

i was thinking of looking for jobs or things i can do at home as additional income...and at d same time, i wil have time for my kids..

76esther

Hi Phoebe

Glad to hear that u are planning for a #2.
I am a mother of 3 (2 gals and a boy).. my #3 was conceived "accidentally".
my hub and i were initially worried whether we can cope financially.
And surprisingly, we managed to scrap through.. keke..
guess you would need to manage ur expenses carefully.
With a 2nd child, the govt gives him/her a $ to $ baby bonus account.
ur elder child can use that to pay for her child care fees. this would mean that u only need to pay 6mths sch fees for 1 year of sch.

dun worry :eek:)

BbpHir3

Hi Phoebe

Glad to hear that u are planning for a #2.
I am a mother of 3 (2 gals and a boy).. my #3 was conceived "accidentally".
my hub and i were initially worried whether we can cope financially.
And surprisingly, we managed to scrap through.. keke..
guess you would need to manage ur expenses carefully.
With a 2nd child, the govt gives him/her a $ to $ baby bonus account.
ur elder child can use that to pay for her child care fees. this would mean that u only need to pay 6mths sch fees for 1 year of sch.

dun worry :eek:)
since phoebe_lim #1 is 13months, when #2 is born, they can use each other's CDA account... n cash gift actually helps for the first 18-24months (that is to sae every 6 months got additional $1k lahz).. by then, #1 would be able to go playgroup liaoz.. so i dun think u need to worry...

u dun need to worry too much.. wat i did was draw out a finacial plan.. den add every possible scenario.... including: if i m 2 go back school, if DH lose his job etc etc.. meaning a financial plan tat includes exp for preg, 5 years down the road, 10 years down the road etc etc....

nsync_su

since phoebe_lim #1 is 13months, when #2 is born, they can use each other's CDA account... and cash gift actually helps for the first 18-24months (that is to sae every 6 months got additional $1k lahz).. by then, #1 would be able to go playgroup liaoz.. so i dont think you need to worry...

you dont need to worry too much.. what i did was draw out a finacial plan.. then add every possible scenario.... including: if i m 2 go back school, if dear husband lose his job etc etc.. meaning a financial plan that includes exp for preg, 5 years down the road, 10 years down the road etc etc....

U helped me out too (after reading ur post).. im planning for my second too but not as soon as i just had a miscarriage. Doc said i have to wait 6mths before i try again so i'm planning to start working and save up for my next one.