Playgroup for babies up to 2 yrs old

Just-Just

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi there! I have a 8mth old son and am thinking of starting a playgroup for babies up to 2 yrs old with their mommies in the west area. This playgroup sessions hopes to allow babies to have fun, play and make new friends in a relaxed, informal environment. Mommies can also mingle and socialize and meet new friends.[/FONT]

Some activities to consider
1) meet for coffee/lunch
2) Tea party at my condo including splash around at kids' pool (at Hillview Ave)
3) Shopping
and more

Is this idea interesting to anyone?

v_ni

Just-Just, i'm definitely keen in joining some kind of playgroup in the west area! do keep me in the loop if the playgroup gets going.

it will be good to share resources, i can imagine there are tons of things we can do to entertain the babies, like singing or story reading or maybe even baby massages or gym exercises?

but my bb is still in my tummy, i'm only due in january 2010! :)

Just-Just

hi V ni ...congrats! and yes, will keep you in the loop if manage to get a playgroup started

take good care and God bless

klearad

That's a very nice suggestion! Sadly, I don't stay in the west. I stay at Toa Payoh and often yearn to meet up with other stay at home mummies/babies too.

7LegSotong

I am interested too.
I have been going out a lot with my babies (every sat & sun).
If you have programme do keep me informed.

If you like, can organise swimming session first...

tika

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi there! I have a 8mth old son and am thinking of starting a playgroup for babies up to 2 yrs old with their mommies in the west area. This playgroup sessions hopes to allow babies to have fun, play and make new friends in a relaxed, informal environment. Mommies can also mingle and socialize and meet new friends.[/FONT]

Some activities to consider
1) meet for coffee/lunch
2) Tea party at my condo including splash around at kids' pool (at Hillview Ave)
3) Shopping
and more

Is this idea interesting to anyone?
Shall we organize our first swimming session at your place? PM me if you are keen. I don't mind helping out cos my 18 mth old girl LOVES to swim.

Interested mommies who wish to be kept in the loop, pls pm me your hp numbers so updates can be done thru sms (Faster two way communication).

klearad

hee ya that will be nice.

Just-Just, let us know if there is any gathering. Im a stay at home mum, so can meet on weekdays too if its not too far for me. Hee my 7mths old bb loves to swim too.

Just-Just

Sorry for the late reply as have been busy running around....

Swimming session sounds good and certainly welcome to do this at my place... do keep me in the loop for BP mommies gatherings as would love to join if there are any

tika

sounds great. When would be a favourable day and time for you and other mommies? Daddies are also welcomed to join!

I'll start the ball rolling.

Justjust, which timing and day would be favourable to you (thats important cos its gonna be at your venue). I'm free before 3pm weekdays, free whole day on Tuesdays. For weekends, i'm free after 3pm.

Food wise, I suggest everyone bring their own food/snacks. This is only because I'm muslim and don't wish to impose mommies to bring only halal food. Drinks for this first meet up will be on me if attendance is not more than 5 mommies. If more, i suggest we all chip in a dollar or two.

Ginger

sounds great. When would be a favourable day and time for you and other mommies? Daddies are also welcomed to join!

I'll start the ball rolling.

Justjust, which timing and day would be favourable to you (thats important cos its gonna be at your venue). I'm free before 3pm weekdays, free whole day on Tuesdays. For weekends, i'm free after 3pm.

Food wise, I suggest everyone bring their own food/snacks. This is only because I'm muslim and dont't wish to impose mommies to bring only halal food. Drinks for this first meet up will be on me if attendance is not more than 5 mommies. If more, i suggest we all chip in a dollar or two.
Glad to know Daddies are welcome too. :Dancing_wub: Im free on weekends, around 3pm is a good time to start a swimming party. :Dancing_tongue: my baby boy also loves to splash around inside his baby bath tub. Just dunno if it's ok to let him swim at 5 months?:err:

tika

it should be ok to let him swim at 5 months. but not too long. maybe 15-20 minutes. i let my misha swim at 3 months. just 15 minutes. we go often so maybe thats why now she's a pool fanatic. She would just jump in and try to swim on her own. Its pretty scary to watch her. So daring. Can't take our eyes off her for a second whenever we go swimming.

i hardly go anywhere without my hubby. heehee. so daddies have to be welcomed since i'm organizing it.

Last edited:

Just-Just

Weekend is usually packed for us so weekdays will work better.

if weekend works for all, the earliest possible timing is on Nov 22nd (which is quite far out)....

How about meeting somewhere for coffee first and plan things out?

PrettyMum

Hi Just-Just, I am keen too. I have a 12mths and 29mths kids.... can bring along both? I stay in Bukit Panjang and weekdays are better for me too. Please inform me when there is any gathering or activities!

Tks
PrettyMum