Playpen or playyard?

CDL

Am undecided on whether to get a playpen or playyard for my 4mth old baby.

A playyard seems to give more flexibility in terms of size and can be used by a toddler for a longer period than a playpen can. However are the playyards stable enough - can toddlers knock them over? Also in terms of safety, are the gaps in the playyard safe for toddlers - can their arms or legs get stuck in these gaps? Is an infant too young to use a playyard - at what age should the infant/toddler be to use a playyard?

Would appreciate hearing from mummies and daddies on their views on which is preferable as well as pros and cons on using each. All comments are appreciated.

lisa_ng

Am undecided on whether to get a playpen or playyard for my 4mth old baby.

A playyard seems to give more flexibility in terms of size and can be used by a toddler for a longer period than a playpen can. However are the playyards stable enough - can toddlers knock them over? Also in terms of safety, are the gaps in the playyard safe for toddlers - can their arms or legs get stuck in these gaps? Is an infant too young to use a playyard - at what age should the infant/toddler be to use a playyard?

Would appreciate hearing from mummies and daddies on their views on which is preferable as well as pros and cons on using each. All comments are appreciated.
i was using haenim play yard for my girl when she started crawling.
was veri useful. so far no hazard on knocking over or leg or arms getting stuck.
until she started to stand and wanted to climb over then we keep it away.
in fact i got 2 sets at that time.
was told 6panels can fit a single size bed but never get to put a bed inside.
but i was thinking it can oso fit a cot mattress so that the kid have some space to play and a space to sleep.
on the floor we have those bumper mat to prevent knocks or falls.
which oso make the playyard stable, not moving when my girl pushes.
the playyard have small suction cups on the bottom to hold to the ground, but i'm not sure if it's does help.

got a playpen oso but open to use for like one week then have to keep away.
my girl dun like being in a playpen.
mayb it's too cramp inside.

CDL

Thanks Lisa for sharing your comments and observations on the play yard. Is there some product/play yard that can be used even after the baby has started walking? I am looking for something that I can put baby in and be assured that she is safe while I do cooking/housework.