Please help me on my 1 month 2 wks old baby

tj nora yenti

hi all,

My baby is currently at its 1 month plus.

and every night he sleep in air con room as he cant tahan hot. once he started to sweat when we placed him outside in non air con room, he will start to cry.

at night time, when he start drinking milk, he sweat behind his head even though its in air con room and every time drink halfway then started to cry, have change his pampers and also give him pacifier but it does not seems to work.

and also sometimes when he drink milk, he suck so fast that he always get choked.. but i am using the teats for 0 - 3 months
why like this? can any experience mummys share their experiences with me?

thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited:

Asphere

place a face towel under his head when feeding.. so at least wont b too hot for him and he wont sweat soo much.
on the fan instead let him get used to fan 1st.but dun direct blow at him.
the baby kan jiong drink too fast? or maybe the holding of bottle wrong? but i guess it should be okie.. you may like to check with the hospital they have parentcraft and they will help you.
Try calling them.

angiebaby

my girl too scare of hot, she sleeps in aircon room with us but her back also hot sometime wet.

buy cooling mat from gmarket.com @20 dollar, it helps a lot, put the mat under her bedsheet to keep her cool.

my gal too will choke when drink milk at middle of the night, guess because they will suck suck suck but forget to swallow due to sleepy, try to hold them at sitting position at the beginning of feeding, once they start to drink for few mins then slowly lower the body. it works for my gal, the bb face should not face up but face front, so they wont choke so easily.

tj nora yenti

thanks alot, yesterday whole night did not sleep.

put him in the hammock for baby then when ever the hammock stop shaking, he move here move there and wanna cry, so shake again then he felt sleeping.

wa, jialat man. haha. dun wan to buy the auto machine for rocking cause it's not really safe from some of my frens..

so sweating is normal? i tot what.. thanks alot for all your help mummys.

engel

Are you talking about the hammock sarong thingy that is attached to the ceiling ? I don't think that's recommended for 1 mth old bubs...but if it helps and under supervision, then why not....

Maybe you wanna try swaddle him at night? I know it might b hot , but should b alright if he's in an air con room....gives babies a sense of security ...

Mine plays and have naps and plays in her baby bjorn babysitter air during the day... Mesh so not hot, rocking movement when she moves....swaddled at night , and she sleeps through ... She's abt 2 mths now... But it's works different babies..my #1 hates the sitter and being swaddled, so we just let her loose, and that works fine for her... So it's a trial and error thing ..:)

I think all babies sweat... Alot!.... Hahah.. My 17 mth old still sweats when she sleeps...:)

hang in there k.... He'll have a normal napping time soon:) usually settles down after 3 mths...

tj nora yenti

thanks for all your help.

my baby is going to b 2 months this friday.

1 thing i notice is that my baby is alright (seldom cry) in the morning and night time, but when ever it reached about in the evening, sometimes like 6plus or sometimes like 7 plus, he will start crying non stop for about 10 - 20 mins.

how come? i am not sure if its colic cause i have done everything i could like, changing the bottle to anti colic and
change his pampers and put oil on his tummy.

can anyone advise?

tj nora yenti

can anyone advise?
my baby is not like this in the morning and afternoon.

but once it reached evening time, he start to cry non stop for about few mins..
i have on the air con but it does not help in anyway.

is it due to hot weather or...?

as my sister daughter also like that.

engel

Had that problem with my #1.... exactly abt 6-7, she would start wailing non stop for abt 15 mins. Started when she was abt 2-3 wks old...thought it was wind in stomach at first and no matter what we tried or change, she would still cry without fail.
Stopped when she was abt 3 mths old...
Later on I suspected that she might b overstimulated during the day.. First grandchild of both families, there'll always b someone 'playing' with her, and partly my fault cause I enjoy bringing her out often.
With my #2 now, she's has alot of rest..would only play with her abt 10-15 mins after feed before she sleeps.. Would follow her cue. She has no fuss unlike her elder sis...

Every child is different, but if u feel that that there's always someone hovering over your bub and she's oversimulated, maybe you should voice out...

Hang in there k... 3 mths isn't that far off now...:)

othello

engel is right. My boy cries the loudest too at 7+. That's when he's tired, wants to sleep but can't sleep. The only thing we can do is just to carry, soothe and he'll fall asleep eventually. So do not worry too much Nora ..