Please pray for my girl

uddermummy

Dear mummies, thanks for your encouragement and support.

My girl's blood result is negative after 48 hours and it's a blessing. now just hope that urine result is good too, supposed to be out today, but somehow delay. sign sign.

need an advice. she need to come back for ultrasound for follow up and it's scheduled on 8 Feb at KK. As we'll be flying back to taiwan on 11 Feb for CNY, it's just a few days before, so i thought of bringing her to see her own pediatrician at Mt A for a early schedule in case her report shows some prob (hopefully not) and can detect early for treatment. is it all right to do that? what is your advise?
you didn't take her to mt a for the test on uti? Maybe you can ask the hospital you took her to for an earlier appt and explain to them that you'll be flying to taiwan? It's good to keep to one doctor, unless you want a second opinion.

Milan

She's now at KK since last Friday. My hubby bring her to SBCC at AMK cos her pediatrician clinic open at 2.30pm and my girl kanna fever at 1pm, then SBCC refer us to KK after urine test loh. I wanted to go Mt A but my friends say KK is a better choice for children cos they have the equipments which other hospitals might not have, so i changed my mind loh.

Just wanna share some experience at KK. We went to A&E on friday, arrive at 630pm, saw the MO and wait for urine test result for an hour ard 8pm, then MO advised us to admit immediately cos he says urine infection quite serious. he have to get the senior doc to sign approval first before proceed to admission office. We waited ard 2 hrs to get the signature. he says senior doc is busy attending a child who came in ambulance. but come on, don tell me there is only 1 senior doctor at KK. u can understand the frustration? MO says serious yet have to wait till 11 plus then send us to the ward. :embarrassed:

Another thing i don like is they keep changing doctor during the stay and sometimes diff doc say diff things. my hubby think that they actually mean the same thing is just that using method to phrase it. maybe... one thing is good that the nurses and a lady house doc (doc ong) are nice and friendly people.

8 feb at KK is the earliest date. the say a lof of children queing up. i check with her pediatrician and he advised me to get all tests results and discharge summary and see him after her discharge then discuss. At KK, I think there is no appointed doc to see her, is the house doc on duty. like what you say, it's better to stick to 1st doctor attending her but i don't even know who she / he is. every visits change doc.

uddermummy

maybe you can try calling kkh to ask for the results? You prob don't have to wait till 8 feb to see the doctor at kkh since your pd can help you interpret the results.

Yah, the thing about kkh is that they are v busy cos they are the go-to hospital for children and women. I guess doctors at a & e are so busy that they very often don't have time to attend to us nicely and answer our questions. :(