Pls Advice: Avent or Medela breastpumps? ?(Electric)

JessTan

Dear all,
please advice or share your experience..Avent or Medela breastpumps?? How long does you ladies take to pump per session? I did mine for an hour was thinking is that the norm or i should switch pump?? Starting work soon so need to store my milk and can't take too long to pump during worktime!

Thanks and cheers!
-Jess:Dancing_wub:

So far I had been using medela dual electric pump at hm and bought a swing pump to pump at wrk. I found medela was gd & fuss free to use. For the dual pumps, the pumping session was pretty fast estimated 15mins both breasts at the same time and yield 5-7oz, the swing took me roughly 25mins both breasts(each breast at a time). Hope the infos are helpful to you :tlaugh:

JessTan

So far I had been using medela dual electric pump at hm and bought a swing pump to pump at wrk. I found medela was good & fuss free to use. For the dual pumps, the pumping session was pretty fast estimated 15mins both breasts at the same time and yield 5-7oz, the swing took me roughly 25mins both breasts(each breast at a time). Hope the infos are helpful to you :tlaugh:
That's helpful, thanks alot!! appreciate it. .i am thinking of buying the Medela freestyle pump, but it's expensive.. so wanna make sure it's good before purchase..am still thinking about it. .but my pumping session now is taking too much time. .

JessTan

That's helpful, thanks alot!! appreciate it. .i am thinking of buying the Medela freestyle pump, but it's expensive.. so wanna make sure it's good before purchase..am still thinking about it. .but my pumping session now is taking too much time. .

is your dual pump medela advanced pump in style? or what kinda of dual pump is it? Dun mind sharing how much did u purchase for?

My medela dual pump is mini electric plus, I got it for $300plus if I remember correctly. I dunno if they still had this model. Freestyle is a gd pump, if I didnt had 2 pumps, I would have get this instead. Freestyle is a heavy duty pump yet small enuf to be portable. For the pricing, it's worth every cents IMHO! :001_302:

icy_haze

I'm using the Medela freestyle pump both at work n home. I find it good. Easy to use.For me each pumping session is only less than 10mins both breast at the same time. Quite fast. Think you can order directly from US. Think it's cheaper. My SIL ordered hers online and it costs roughly ard 400 plus. Cheaper than what we r getting here.

JessTan

I'm using the Medela freestyle pump both at work n home. I find it good. Easy to use.For me each pumping session is only less than 10mins both breast at the same time. Quite fast. Think you can order directly from US. Think it's cheaper. My sister In law ordered hers online and it costs roughly around 400 plus. Cheaper than what we r getting here.
Oh wow! Thanks alottt!! :)
Ya. .in singapore is 800plus @ mothercare..that is like half the price!
So happy to know you take only 10mins.. i take close to an hour for my pumping session...thanks for sharing!!

JessTan

Oh wow! Thanks alottt!! :)
Ya. .in singapore is 800plus @ mothercare..that is like half the price!
So happy to know you take only 10mins.. i take close to an hour for my pumping session...thanks for sharing!!
Please can u help me check which website does she get her pump from?? :) Thanks a million!!!

Humpty

I'm now using Freestyle. Excellent pump. Also got the US version. What I like about it is the battery pack. This means that if my son does not want to drink milk in the morning, I can pump discreetly at the back of the car while my hubby drives us. In that way I can save 1 pump session at home/work :)

Previously, I used the mini electric plus - that one is noisier and you must pump + massage in order to get all the milk. Now with the Freestyle, I find that I don't have to massage so much to get the last bits of milk out.

JessTan

I'm now using Freestyle. Excellent pump. Also got the US version. What I like about it is the battery pack. This means that if my son does not want to drink milk in the morning, I can pump discreetly at the back of the car while my hubby drives us. In that way I can save 1 pump session at home/work :)

Previously, I used the mini electric plus - that one is noisier and you must pump + massage in order to get all the milk. Now with the Freestyle, I find that I dont't have to massage so much to get the last bits of milk out.
thanks...as for the US version the voltage is different right?
can be use in singapore?

Callie

Definitely Medela.

I used Avent before and don't find the suction as good.

Coming down to freestyle. I bought a US set and it sort of died on me yesterday.

Got a new set of PumpInStyle Advanced local set and I find the suction way stronger than Freestyle with lesser parts to wash.

Kind of regret didn't get PISA from the start despite reading alot of negative reviews about freestyle's suction and motor problem from amazon.com

So yeah, PISA get my vote. =D

Callie

And I think is better to get warranty set. Like my freestyle died on me with no warranty, I have to get a new set (Mainly also because the suction is abit terrible so decided to change)

Now Mothercare having promotion for medela 15% discount so I got my PISA at around $64x

Then Mums & Babes (Medela SG supplier) got promo till end of the month bundle is $718. With a okiedog bag that actually can be used with your pump. Still got some random stuff. Can call them to check.

So its up to you decide xD haha

JessTan

And I think is better to get warranty set. Like my freestyle died on me with no warranty, I have to get a new set (Mainly also because the suction is abit terrible so decided to change)

Now Mothercare having promotion for medela 15% discount so I got my PISA at around $64x

Then Mums & Babes (Medela SG supplier) got promo till end of the month bundle is $718. With a okiedog bag that actually can be used with your pump. Still got some random stuff. Can call them to check.

So its up to you decide xD haha
thanks everyone for ur precious feedback!!!!!:)
appreciate each one of u! :)

i just wonder which is better??? medela swing and mini electric?
did any mom use medela swing before?
Hi millyming, I'm using medela swing. Personally I like it bcos it it portable for me to transport ard and able to pump efficiently (drained my last bits of milk). Therefore, it's a thumb up for me! :Dancing_wub:

millyming

Hi millyming, I'm using medela swing. Personally I like it bcos it it portable for me to transport around and able to pump efficiently (drained my last bits of milk). Therefore, it's a thumb up for me! :Dancing_wub:
i aredi survey few model...freestyle, PISA and PIS is too expensive for me.
hence i want to buy swing...
i think it is the one i want.... wait for baby fair..see got any discount

eurostar

My medela dual pump is mini electric plus, I got it for $300plus if I remember correctly. I dont know if they still had this model. Freestyle is a good pump, if I didnt had 2 pumps, I would have get this instead. Freestyle is a heavy duty pump yet small enuf to be portable. For the pricing, it's worth every cents IMHO! :001_302:
is this consider mini-electric plus?

First few years, Breast Pump, Baby Products, Baby Strollers, Baby Bedding and cots, Baby bedding and crib/cot

freestyle a bit expensive and not sure me got milk or not :wong29: