PLS HELP!! 1 month milk intake

apollo

hi mummies,

can share how much ur baby drink during 1 month old ??

my ds jus reached 1 month and most of the timeis on FM and he's drink 120ml every 3hours... sometimes it's only 2 hours and he'll wail for milk!!!

I asked ard and realised that my ds is drinking alot as he's only 1 month old...

i tried to "control" his milk intake by keep dragging the time or give him 90-100 ml but he'll wail for more!! my mum scolded me for 'controlling' his milk intake, she said baby shd be feed on demand... i thought only fully BF then can feed on demand???

seems like he's easily hungry =( is it bad for his body if he drink so much??

Do i nd to bring him to a PD for a check???

and how do you judge to ml given?? before we pour the milk powder in or before?? lets say i put 90ml water, after pouring the milk powder is 100ml... so is consider 90 or 100ml??

joeichen

For 1st mth, MIL taught me was 2hrs 1 feed. My DS2 drinks abt 80ml so I think urs is ok for 3hrs feed.
Dun wori, as long as bb is growing thr is no need to wori...
Take care

Frenchkitty

my son is 6 weeks old (1.5mths) and he drinks about 100-120ml every 2hours. He is on almost full BF, with only 1-2 FM feeds at night.
He is 5kg. So I think your baby is normal?

Cream

Then I think my dd is drinking the least. She is 2+ months and drinking 90ml every 3 hours. The intake we still must minus the amount she regurgitate out... sigh... but she is 5+kg so still not that worried.

My son at 1 month old is drinking about 90-100ml every 3hours. He is ~4.5kg, on full BF. Have asked the nurse during my son's visit for immunisation jab about his milk intake, she told me is ok as long as he does not vomit out & is gaining weight.

Cheyenne

My coming 7 weeks old is drinking 120ml every 3 hours,finished all. Was giving him 150ml (most of the time finished up) 2 weeks back, till recently check up/jab when Doc told me too much already, will cause tummy to be bloated and baby cried more often.

True enought, came back and only offer 120ml, he is accepting well. No wastage, don't feel so heart pain too. So far, rather on time, occassional overslept a little and subsequesent feed, delay a little too.

I think safer to go on more frequently feed than over feed.

apollo

thks for the replies..

i tried 'controlling' his milk intake and gave him 100ml instead of 120ml but he'll wail badly and want mmore milk...

sometimes aft 120ml, he still wants milk!!!

asked ard and realised that some ofthe babies of my relatives/friends also like that.. maybe i shall just observe 1st...

btw, i wonder if drinking too much milk is bad for kidney or his health?? he poo 3-5 times a day and pee alot...

LoVeS

thks for the replies..

i tried 'controlling' his milk intake and gave him 100ml instead of 120ml but he'll wail badly and want mmore milk...

sometimes after 120ml, he still wants milk!!!

asked around and realised that some ofthe babies of my relatives/friends also like that.. maybe i shall just observe 1st...

btw, i wonder if drinking too much milk is bad for kidney or his health?? he poo 3-5 times a day and pee alot...
i dun tink it bad for kidney or health as it is suppose to make ur baby grow well. My daughter now aso drink alot ~ ard 2hrly+ or 3hrly where she drink 150ml n it been like tis since 3wks ago~

just4bubs

this was the formula i was provided in aust - as a guide to how much milk a baby should take.

weight (per kg)* 150 ml = total milk intake for the day. If your baby drinks every 4 hours, divide the total milk intake by 6 to get the milk he shd drink per feed. so if your baby is 5kg, he should be having 125ml every 4 hrs.

hope this is useful

sanjing07

Alpha Male
hi mummies,

can share how much your baby drink during 1 month old ??

my dear son just reached 1 month and most of the timeis on FM and he's drink 120ml every 3hours... sometimes it's only 2 hours and he'll wail for milk!!!

I asked around and realised that my dear son is drinking alot as he's only 1 month old...

i tried to "control" his milk intake by keep dragging the time or give him 90-100 ml but he'll wail for more!! my mum scolded me for 'controlling' his milk intake, she said baby should be feed on demand... i thought only fully BF then can feed on demand???

seems like he's easily hungry =( is it bad for his body if he drink so much??

Do i need to bring him to a pediatrician for a check???

and how do you judge to ml given?? before we pour the milk powder in or before?? lets say i put 90ml water, after pouring the milk powder is 100ml... so is consider 90 or 100ml??
hi regina, when my son is 3.5 weeks old, he is already drinking 125ml every 3 hours, and sometimes wan milk less than 3 hrs. It is ok, as long as your baby is putting on weight. Coz of my son's strangely huge intake, when he is 5 weeks, he put on 2.4kg since birth, incredible rate according to the PD, but he said it is ok.