Pls share your baby toiletries???? What do you use???

liz2010

Hi mummies my baby gal from newborn used to use J N J both shampoo n bath gel seperately until when she was about 3 mths i switched to CB 'Calming' for both shampoo n bath gel ( 2 in 1). J N J bath gel was ok but for the shampoo wise i find her hair a bit corse after using it its also bcse its troublesome to use seperate shampoo n body so i swtich to CB which is 2 in 1 gona order a new bott but trying 'Calendula instd'. Hmm usu will use a bit to pour into e bath tube ( from Mt.A ) she is still using it @ 10mths then use a cloth wash her hair then follow by body. After which will use normal water wash her face n teeth etc.

Even though CB is very gentle on baby skin but hubby still complain that her head or rather her hair is smelly ????? Someitmes after bathing her she stil has e CB smell but after a while her head smells . Its not very smelly its just that i thought e CB frangant will linger longer or is it baby is very active ??? kept chasing n following me around e house??? she is 10mths old .

Can you share what brand is cheap n good or what brand you use ???? good as in 1) price is afforable , (cb abit x ) 2) shampoo or bath gel is gentle on baby skin 3) has a nice smell

Finally do you use mositsurizer for your baby??? i used to apply for her( J N J cse my mum is using it so might as well use e same 1) when she was NB but as she grows gradully i stop using shld i continue???? what brand???? CB????
My son's hair was corse as well. I was using JnJ. I changed to Weleda Baby Calendula Shampoo and Bodywash ($26) on a friend's advise. His hair is then very soft again. :Dancing_wub: I used only one bottle and then I changed to a cheaper brand (about $16) that I buy on the same shop: Earth Friendly Baby, which is a 2 in 1 as well. There are lavender, chamomile and mandarin scents. I've tried the lavender and chamomile and prefer the lavender scent. The smell is very good, not strong and what I like most: it's very easy to rinse. I buy them at www.ginko-shop.com but they are now selling as well at Sunflower, City Square Mall B1-12A.

cmeilim

My son's hair was corse as well. I was using JnJ. I changed to Weleda Baby Calendula Shampoo and Bodywash ($26) on a friend's advise. His hair is then very soft again. :Dancing_wub: I used only one bottle and then I changed to a cheaper brand (about $16) that I buy on the same shop: Earth Friendly Baby, which is a 2 in 1 as well. There are lavender, chamomile and mandarin scents. I've tried the lavender and chamomile and prefer the lavender scent. The smell is very good, not strong and what I like most: it's very easy to rinse. I buy them at www.ginko-shop.com but they are now selling as well at Sunflower, City Square Mall B1-12A.

where do u buy weleda calendula shampoo and bodywash from and how big is the bottle?

cmeilim

hi, sorry, i just realised that you probably meant you bought both wedela and earth friendly brands from gingko shop. blur me! thanks for sharing! my toddler has coarse flyaway hair too, and mothercare honey shampoo and baby sebamed have not helped. so i will be keen to try wedela too.

cheers!

liz2010

where do you buy weleda calendula shampoo and bodywash from and how big is the bottle?
hi, it's 200 ml. A little bit on the hair or body is enough. I used to buy on the internet but the shop doesn't sell anymore.

Last edited:

Amulet

DD have been using Komodo Rice Milk Body Shampoo and Komodo Shampoo as I love the smell.. When she uses powder, it's Komodo powder too.. haha..

Now as her hair grows longer, I find it abit dry using Komodo, so I apply some of my conditioner for her too.. Works great..

Nvr have the habit of using lotion for her unless it's after swimming..

she uses 21th Century Children's Insect Repellent.. Gentle and effective..

sunburst

Bb is using mustela for bathing & physiogel for moisturizer.
Toddler is using earth's friendly bb for bathing & moisturizer... Sometimes he insists on using mine, so to trick him I have Gaia moisturizer in my cupboard tt we both use, coz I'm using VS & crabtree which definately not suitable for kids.
For both of them I'm using mustela diaper cream.
I like the smell of mustela products... Planning to change my older boy back to mustela for bathing.

P4nic

can i check whether brands like:
- california baby
- wedela
- physiogel
- esemtan
- sebamed etc..

are they tears free for shampoo and bath?
can i find the above brands in places like watson, pharmacy or guardian?

mauigs

Dear daughter have been using Mustela foam shampoo & Cetaphil or Burt's Bees' Baby Bee shampoo & wash... smells really nice

liz2010

can i check whether brands like:
- california baby
- wedela
- physiogel
- esemtan
- sebamed etc..

are they tears free for shampoo and bath?
can i find the above brands in places like watson, pharmacy or guardian?
When it's specifically for babies, it's normally tear free.

Last edited:

corinne22

Has anyone tried Nivea Baby series?

Do you think 2-in-one body & shampoo is good for baby? Because I have the perception that if it's 2-in-one, it will be drying because they mix the chemical to suit lazy people like me. :S

Also, I heard from some mothers that try not to use powder on baby because scared they will breathe in the powder and not good for thier nose/lungs. Is it true?

Lastly has anyone used the baby tub mesh/support? Is it necessary?

P4nic

huh i bot the 2 n 1 california baby (bath + shampoo) leh.. will it be drying coz it seems like a lot of good feedback?

As for the powder.. i heard it will clot up the pores coz baby will sweat too.. so not too good if apply very frequently..

I bot the bath tub with support~ i think at lest no need scared if gets too slippery hehe.. just a precaution anyway the tub comes with the support nowadays.

liz2010

Has anyone tried Nivea Baby series?

Do you think 2-in-one body & shampoo is good for baby? Because I have the perception that if it's 2-in-one, it will be drying because they mix the chemical to suit lazy people like me. :S

Also, I heard from some mothers that try not to use powder on baby because scared they will breathe in the powder and not good for thier nose/lungs. Is it true?

Lastly has anyone used the baby tub mesh/support? Is it necessary?
I don't know for nivea, but I use the Weleda Baby 2 in 1 and the Earth Friendly Baby 2 in 1 and no problem.
For the powder, if you use it carefully, the baby won't breathe it: for example, put in your hand first, not directly on the baby or use a powder sponge/puff to apply. Don't use it everyday. I use it only when my baby has heat rashes.

corinne22

Thanks P4nic & liz2010! Perhaps I just buy one bottle of Kodomo powder and transfer it into a container w/puff...use it when necessary.

I also think should buy the Pigeon compact baby podwer so that at least when go out, can apply.

Hmmm... still deciding wheather to buy 2-in-one or not. Think think...