Pls take a look! Anyone DIY confinement? Any recommendation for Confinement lady?

Evaling

Hi mommies, my edd is 20th Oct 2012 and I'm opting for natural birth. I'm a first time mom and still deciding on whether to hire confinement lady or not as no one can take care of me. At first, I wanted to just order confinement ting kat and pull through the confinement period myself but after hearing lots of advice, they say I would need a confinement lady to help me.

For mommy who did their own confinement themselves?
Q1. What is there to look out for?
Q2. Will you want to take up a confinement nanny if you can choose again?

For mommy that hired confinement lady before.
Q1. How much did you pay for your confinement lady? price? From where?
Q2. How much did you pay for the ingredients for the confinement food?
Q3. Would you still hire a confinement lady? Is it really essential?

I'm trying to cut cost here. So I dont know to
1) order confinement food and DIY confinement or
2) hire day time confinement nanny & order confinement food or
3) hire day time confinement nanny & leave the confinement food to her or
4) hire a 28days confinement nanny that covers my confinement food or
5) hire a 28days confinement nanny & order confinement food.

PLEASE HELP.. PANICKING MOMMY HERE =(

Gif

It's not easy to get conf lady now since it's dragon year. I heard the usual rate now is above 2600.
I heard thomson medical has conf ladies. U can try, ESP if u are pro breast feeding.

I did engage and wld engage. Mine was 2000, thru agent. Kind hearted auntie, but very superstitious, and loud. Cooks good food. The cost of food and herbs is not cheap, but all depends on Yr budget. Got budget, eat better fish better meat better herbs, no budget, normal fish and meat. U can let the aunty know.

I think really gd to have conf lady, ordering conf food is also expensive and may not cater to ur preferences. And also, bathing the baby. U can't touch water, so need someone to help. It's high stress period due to high learning curve and transition, then at night u n ur husband cannot slp well. Imagine have to change diaper, bathe, feed baby, plus rest? Just feeding is very tough already!

Tannie

It's not easy to get conf lady now since it's dragon year. I heard the usual rate now is above 2600.
I heard thomson medical has conf ladies. U can try, ESP if u are pro breast feeding.

I did engage and wld engage. Mine was 2000, thru agent. Kind hearted auntie, but very superstitious, and loud. Cooks good food. The cost of food and herbs is not cheap, but all depends on Yr budget. Got budget, eat better fish better meat better herbs, no budget, normal fish and meat. U can let the aunty know.

I think really gd to have conf lady, ordering conf food is also expensive and may not cater to ur preferences. And also, bathing the baby. U can't touch water, so need someone to help. It's high stress period due to high learning curve and transition, then at night u n ur husband cannot slp well. Imagine have to change diaper, bathe, feed baby, plus rest? Just feeding is very tough already!
Agreed totally with give.

Evaling

Laughs, I just replied the both of you on the other thread. I'd engage a confinement lady from PEM confinement nanny agency to save all the trouble. I'm due in october. Rates are $2150 exclude gov $150 levy. PEM nany are trained by TMC too. I bought the herbs from PEM too at $380 for 32kinds of soup ingredients plus 10packet of herbs for hair wash. Think is worthwhile after all.

I'm attending prenatal class at TMC too.
So both of you have how many kids? or still pregnant now?