Plz help.. Baby refusing bottle milk

tash

My son is 5month old I just started bottle feeding, he is crying a lot almost for 30 minutes, then he sleeps he don't want to dring bottled milk , I am giving him S26, plz advice what I can do, I feel so sad when he is crying....can I give him fresh milk as we drink?.... Anyone face some problem like this.....plz help I am feeling so sad....what can I do....:tsad::embarrassed:

faganbabyjul

baby refusing bottle

I total breadfeed my son who is now one year old, same thing I did, I tried to introduce bottle, when he was, 3/4/5 months old, but to no success, he cried and refused to give in to bottle, I tried several brands too. My baby doc said baby associate mommy,s teats with mommy, and since sillicon teat is hardly mommy, naturally baby refused to have it. You may try to give milk in other form like cup or spoon and see if he is OK with it. All the best. Take good care of yourself too, its tiring but fulfilling to be a mom.

apric0t

Re: baby refusing bottle

My baby refused bottle for many months, only wanted direct latch on. She only accepted the bottle when she started to eat semi-solid food at 6 mths. Even now at 8 months, she still want to latch on once or twice a day, usually at night.

Natashasingh

Re: baby refusing bottle

I tried for 2 month with my baby for bottle feeding, he is latching in sleeping but if he wake up he start crying:embarrassed:
So now I decide not to bottle feed , I feel so bd when he is crying, now I am planing to introduce him sippy cup...I wish this idea will work with my baby.....I am giving him S26, but as I read not to give fresh milk to baby till 1+ BCz they may have some chemical .....

Last edited:

swathi

Absolutely no fresh milk till baby is 1!
its natural for breastfed babies to refuse bottle at this age. Mine refused too.. i gave up and continued to breastfeeding.. Dont be upset. You dont have to give him formula, Breastmilk is best for your baby.. I am sure i am not the first one to be telling yu this. However for reason whatsover u plan to wean, try a diff formula.. there are different brands available.. but no fresh milk till 1..
My son is 5month old I just started bottle feeding, he is crying a lot almost for 30 minutes, then he sleeps he don't want to dring bottled milk , I am giving him S26, plz advice what I can do, I feel so sad when he is crying....can I give him fresh milk as we drink?.... Anyone face some problem like this.....plz help I am feeling so sad....what can I do....:tsad::embarrassed: